Voodoo Banshee Problem
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Voodoo Banshee Problem

Hybrid View

Voodoo Banshee Problem

My cousin just ask me to check his Voodoo Banshee which he think its defective...i tried installing the card on my PII 333Mhz PC - it was fine 'til it hangs & freezes when i tried playing some 3D games (eg. Unreal)..not only that it also freezes when i was doing my work..what happen? I did tried downloading (with my original card) the lastest driver from 3Dfx yet...it remains the same. i think its not compatible..is it?

I'm not sure but it could be that you AGP Aperture is too low. With my Banshee, games lock up when it's at 32MB or below (I have 128MB RAM) Try changing the value and see if it helps at all.

I changed the AGP Aperture from 64MB to 256MB, the games still lock up (i can't even see the opening EIDOS logo!)...maybe the video bios or my motherboard..its a i440LX type

All I can suggest now is that you try it on someone else's motherboard and see if it is the card or your motherboard.

I had the same problem with TNT2 and had to disable AGP before it would work.

Thread Information