Which one to choose from - Matrox G400 MAX ,Geforce Annihaltor Pro, 3d Prophet
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Which one to choose from - Matrox G400 MAX ,Geforce Annihaltor Pro, 3d Prophet

Which one to choose from - Matrox G400 MAX ,Geforce Annihaltor Pro, 3d Prophet

Hi,
    my computer is using a pretty crap graphics card at the momonet using a ATi Rage FURY 8mb AGP 2x. i want to get a new one but lately i look in the computer magazines and couldn't descide on which graphics card is better. I have a

333mhz,
    8.4g etc

i just have a problem... would the new graphics card support the LX motherboard?
    i opened up my computer and found it has a AGP 2x.

thanks!

I bet you while have electric AGP related problems if u buy any of does cards, becous they all need lots of pover.

U are realy unlucky if u have ASUS LX board.

If u decide to buy graphic I recomend GeForce cous it gives great results even with slower gaming CPUs like PII 233 or K6-x 350 cous built in FPU.

I would get a GeForce then test it on your board. If it works, great, but if it doesn't take it back to the shop. The GeForce cards need the full 3.3V and 6A from the AGP slot.

Originally posted by ducywack:
    Hi,
    my computer is using a pretty crap graphics card at the momonet using a ATi Rage FURY 8mb AGP 2x. i want to get a new one but lately i look in the computer magazines and couldn't descide on which graphics card is better. I have a

333mhz,
    8.4g etc

i just have a problem... would the new graphics card support the LX motherboard?
    i opened up my computer and found it has a AGP 2x.

thanks!
    anyway my motherboards is coming soon in 3 days - i choose the Gerforce at the end. but i'm still worried about my motherboards campatiable enough though cos' i got a PROTAC LX-PRO motherboard do u think it will work on it. anyway thanks for your recommendation for the graphic card i didn't know what to choose before! thanks

LX mobos are usually a problem, you may not be getting a Creative card but check out the faq as they are all basically the same, and it gives good general info:-

http://web.ukonline.co.uk/christopher.hill/faq.html

and have a look here:-

http://discussions.hardwarecentral.c...ML/003065.html

as I've got my DDR stable on a 87mhz AGP bus overclocked @ 345/150 with P166 heatsink and two fans. Just had to up the IO voltage in the Soft Menu III bios from 3.3 to 3.6 to make it totally stable.

BladeRunner

Thread Information