GL Quake video mode?
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: GL Quake video mode?

GL Quake video mode?

How in god's name do i set up gl quake to run 1024x768??? i have the shortcut on the desktop, and i thought it had to do with the properties. something like; -width 1024 -height 768 -bpp 16 after the EXE. also is there a OpenGL patch for Scourge of Armagon mission pack?

Try putting just -width 1024. Thats how i do it.

For the mission pak just add the -game option (I forget which mission pak uses which option). It should be in the readme file. It's either -game hipnotic or -game rogue (I believe). Just add this at the end of your glquake.exe shortcut. Take a look in your /quake folder to see which of these are installed.

[This message has been edited by Huge (edited 02-03-2000).]
    Asus P9X79-Deluxe, Intel i7 3930k @ 4.2Ghz, 16gb DDR3-1600 Kingston HyperX Memory, Coolermaster Storm Trooper case, Corsair AX850 psu, Geforce 680 SLI, Corsair Model H100 w/c, Samsung 840 Pro 512gB SSD, Asus Blu-ray Writer 12x, Windows7 Pro x64

MSI GS Series GS60 Ghost-003 Gaming Notebook 15.6", Intel Core i7-4700HQ 2.40GHz (3.2 GHz), 16GB Memory 1TB HDD 128GB SSD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M 2GB, 4.36 lbs., Windows 8.1 Pro

thx for the speediant replies

i figured out the mission pack thing which is: glquake.exe -hipnotic thats it.

Kane17: ill give that a go later today

old school i know, but i was quite content going from 320 in software to 640 in GL, and was never inclined to mess with it further..........good day

kane17the "-width 1024" addition did nothing. the game does appear to want to run, but at the point the main drop-down usually starts, back to windows without an error, or anything. no sounds even.
    after reading through all the installed game documentaion, and some out-dated online documentaion, im left at the same distant point.
    it was stated on a page somewhere that a autoexec.cfg file be created in the quake directory, and to add: "set_video_24bpp=1" and that this should correct my voodoo from not exceeding the 640x480 rez. is this necessary??? anyway, there is no way to create the .cfg extension that im aware of.
    i have a V3 2000, and i would have imagined this to be less of the task it has become.

HELP!

Thread Information