Does AGP Video Card Use and IRQ???
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Does AGP Video Card Use and IRQ???

Does AGP Video Card Use and IRQ???

The subject says it all.

Will installing a AGP card free up an IRQ?
    I need another IRQ for my scanner.(all out of IRQ's at this point.)
    The new PS2 mouse took the one it was on. And I love the MS Exploer infared Mouse.

Thanks.

well sorry but my viper550 is using irq 10, my v1000 pci is not but thats strictly an accelerator, because the agp is a 2d/3d which you have to have at least a 2d to operate.
    you might have to force the other items to take another irq or possible to share an irq with some other device and leave the agp card alone as you need that if you bought it already.

------------------
    HOCKEY RULES!

AGP card uses IRQ and evry device that needs CPU atention.

Try IRQ shearing, or disable some of your serial ports COM1, COM2, LPT, or USB and you should get one free IRQ. If you don`t need floppy disable floppy unit. If u use LPT (printer port) u can buy USB cable that hase paralel (LPT) conector on it and u can conect your paralel device on USB and disable LPT.
    Some times bios can`t give free IRQ cous is, let me to say, stupid, so try to rearang your PCI cards or if u have free PCI slots try with difrent slots for your PCI cards and free IRQ should come up, or try to change your SCSI scaner for USB scaner. If u have AGP u must have USB on MB.

ANY USB DEVICE WHILE NOT ASK YOU FOR FREE IRQ.

Good luck

thanks miha for finishing up there, outside in this snowstorm all day too burnt to think of everything.

------------------
    HOCKEY RULES!

Supposedly my current ATI card does not need and interrupt. This is according to the ATI tech support. I did not quite trust that so was unwilling to try removing it in the bios. Will look into the com port aspect. I also am dragging my feet on doing the 98 upgrade. Just don't want to change. I have made the attempt to get the USB working on my FIC 503+ board under Win 95B. I can get the system to recognize that it is there etc. but the device will not work under it. It is a mouse and it the cursor just sits there and will not move. Works fine as it's PS2 configuration. Maybe I am missing something.

Thanks for the replies.

Thread Information