fic503+ and viper 770 ultra
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: fic503+ and viper 770 ultra

fic503+ and viper 770 ultra

i just installed a viper770u on a fic503+w/ amdk62350(latest bios & drivers installed)
    my problem is the system locks up when i run memory intensive progs(ienetscape,motoracer2 ..etc)
    the screen freezes and i lose the kybrd and sometimes the mouse controls.
    i have used both tnt drivers (nvidia&diamond)
    and viper is set on 2x agp.
    Is the via chipset incompatible or is the viper over heating?

Do you have the latest 4-1 drivers from VIA installed. The BIOS has little effect but the AGP miniport drivers do. They are on version 4.16 last I heard. Also there are some BIOS settings that might need to be changed (disable pallet snoop is one I think).

Make sure Windows haas no conflicts with the device in start/control panel/system/device manager/display addaptors.
    AMD Phenom II x4 945 3Ghz | ASUS M4A77TD | 2X WD 1TB SATA 2 hard drive | 2x2GB Corsair XMS3 | nVidia GeForce 8800 GTS | ATI TV Wonder Theater Pro 550 | Antec P-160 case | Antec 650w Earth Watts | LG Blu-ray Super Drive | LG DVD RW | Windows 7 Pro

you may be right i have it running in turbo mode(2x). i will reinstall it in normal(1x).
    the sytem ran fine when i changed primary display settings to pci in the bios.

you may be right i have it running in turbo mode(2x). i will reinstall it in normal(1x).
    the sytem ran fine when i changed primary display settings to pci in the bios.

Thread Information