lagging mousemovements in 1:st person games..
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: lagging mousemovements in 1:st person games..

lagging mousemovements in 1:st person games..

I have a celery400@450, 64 mb ram and a Voodoo3 2000 card.
    Whenever i play first person 3dgames, such as Alien versus predator or anything equal; the mousemovements lag behind. I quickly move the aim to the left side of the screen; and about half a second later the aim is really there. This is so annoying since the game doesn't otherwise run choppy or anything like that. A friend of mine has a SuperMegaUltra8mbRagePro card; and he claims that his mousemovements doesn't lag behind in these kind of games; even if the games run a bit choppy
    Can this have anything to do with the facrt that he has 128 mb Ram?

Thankful for any replies.

...Interesting you mention this problem, last night I was playing Unreal on my voodoo3 3000 and the exact same problem was happening with the mouse movement& sensitivity, After fussing for a bit I decided to reinstall the drivers on my video card and all is now o.k. Hope that helps.

I run a celeron 366 with 64 mb of ram.
    ..."As Iron sharpens Iron, so one man sharpens another"...
    Proverbs 27:17

Nonono..that isn't it...I have tried reinstalling the Videocard drivers...
    But I may have to clarify things:
    It has always been his way..and maybe I am just paranoid..maybe you all have to deal with lagging mousemovements in first-person games..? Not HUUUGe problems; but problems big enough to be a nuisance..

...Have you tried taking the track ball out of your mouse, and cleaning it with alcohol, or the wheels it rides on, maybe you need a different (better?) mouse...Thats about all I can help you with..
    ..."As Iron sharpens Iron, so one man sharpens another"...
    Proverbs 27:17

It may be a driver problem with your mouse... I know that certain features in Intelipoint wreak havok with games. I had to trouble shoot untill i found a happy medium.

[This message has been edited by CarpeMortis (edited 10-19-99).]

Your mouse actually Refreshes every second like your monitor, and usually the mouse lags behind that of what a good monitor can do. Down load this and set the r rate to at least 100

http://tweakfiles.com/misc/ps2rate.html

This should help.
    A Dog is a Cat with More hair

I have noticed this in only a couple games. I think Hidden and Dangerous and Shogo both have this problem. Not sure if it's a bug, but for me the lag is way less than a half-second and I got used to it in those games.

Luke;
    That program sounds like a good idea...know where I can get a similiar program for a serial mouse ?

Have you tried turning up your bits per second in system properties/device manager/ports/com1/properties/port settings???

also same page in advanced recieve buffer all the way to high???
    Too many computers to mention, it may need its own ZIPCODE next.

I have tried that, but even if I turn the recieve buffer all the way down, nothing changes. ANd i tried a different PS/2 mouse today, no difference......

Thread Information