TNT 2 may be a good chipset but not good enough
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: TNT 2 may be a good chipset but not good enough

Hybrid View

TNT 2 may be a good chipset but not good enough

TNT 2/TNT 2 Ultra may be famous, popular for most gamers, but as I read so many article in discussion forum, it seems that TNT2 causes many problems to people. So many people says "blah blah...TNT2 lock up,"
    I'm not here to a start fight with people who respect NVidia or TNT2. I just thought TNT2 is like trouble maker to computer users.
    Is it really worth what you paid for? Or is it only for fun? Because a buck or two may save your life someday.

ankerson Guest
    Have not had any problems with mine.

Mine has been good as well.

Ditto! Runs really well on the UT demo as well (go figure).
    Asus P9X79-Deluxe, Intel i7 3930k @ 4.2Ghz, 16gb DDR3-1600 Kingston HyperX Memory, Coolermaster Storm Trooper case, Corsair AX850 psu, Geforce 680 SLI, Corsair Model H100 w/c, Samsung 840 Pro 512gB SSD, Asus Blu-ray Writer 12x, Windows7 Pro x64

MSI GS Series GS60 Ghost-003 Gaming Notebook 15.6", Intel Core i7-4700HQ 2.40GHz (3.2 GHz), 16GB Memory 1TB HDD 128GB SSD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M 2GB, 4.36 lbs., Windows 8.1 Pro

well u gotta also look at it
    how many different hardware configs are there?
    my TNT didnt work on my comp cause my motherboard, didnt have an addiquate power supply for the card (asus P2L97)
    i got a new motherboard, and the card runs great i love it.

Ignore this guy and Pikachu and Pikachu's alter ego. Why would he post this if this thread of his is for real http://discussions.hardwarecentral.c...ML/004617.html

Damn troll, GO AWAY!!!

Probably has a LOT of 3DFX stock and is
    trying to drive it back up.
    ;-)

Just because a group of people haven't had problems with their TnT2's doesn't mean that the card isn't prone to problems.

You'd have to have your head in the sand not to see that a lot of people have problems with these cards.

I respect the strides Nvdia has made, but for anyone who has used both TnT2 and 3dfx Voodoo3 cards will tell you. When both cards run optimally, there is very little difference between the two, with the TnT2 having a slight edge in image quality, and the 3dfx running slightly smoother.

However, the reason ron608 started this thread was to state that some cards run optimally more often than others, and sorry guys it ain't Nvidia's offering.

Thread Information