Voodoo3 2000 Installation problems, PLEASE HELP!
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Voodoo3 2000 Installation problems, PLEASE HELP!

Voodoo3 2000 Installation problems, PLEASE HELP!

I have a compaq AMD-K6-2 475MHz, and was wondering what if anything I have to do to my old video card's properties or driver or to the card itself before I take it out and put in the Voodoo3.

if you think your going to have trouble(which you might no-offence but compaqs are troublesome installing new cards)you can go into-control panel/system/devices/vid card,and remove the current one.

Then install new v3 and drivers should be ok if not post another messege ,sometimes with compaqs you have to configure stuff in compaqs system.

What you need to probably do is remove all current video card drivers, ie: from Device manager as well as ADD/Remove Programs.
    Set your display settings to Standard VGA as your display adapter(under advanced) inside Display, Then turn your computer off.
    remove the Compaq computer case cover (thus terminating any warranties you have with them)and unscrew your current video card. Replace with KILLER VOODOO3 CARD!!!! then screw the monster in. Now boot and follow driver directions, load games and get blown away!!!!

------------------
    AAAAHHHH!!! It's the iMac, and IT'S MANGO!!!!
    NEVER: tell a boardroom full of Australian's, "I'll be rootin' for ya!"

Its usually easier if you install the drivers befor you remove the old card. They do not take effect until you reboot and they will be there after you install your V3 and turn it on for the first time.

Make sure you add a 486 fan (right to the factory heatsink) and clock thet baby up. My card does 160 cool (I have a very cramped case with poor cooling), ran 170 100% stable, but have not tried higher. The Voodoo3 3000 normally runs at 166 but I have heard most can run stable between 170 and 180.
    AMD Phenom II x4 945 3Ghz | ASUS M4A77TD | 2X WD 1TB SATA 2 hard drive | 2x2GB Corsair XMS3 | nVidia GeForce 8800 GTS | ATI TV Wonder Theater Pro 550 | Antec P-160 case | Antec 650w Earth Watts | LG Blu-ray Super Drive | LG DVD RW | Windows 7 Pro

Thread Information