Diamond Viper v770 Agp PROBLEMS.....Aghhh
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Diamond Viper v770 Agp PROBLEMS.....Aghhh

Diamond Viper v770 Agp PROBLEMS.....Aghhh

Hi, im a chilean guy and i have a motherboard M726, a celeron 333 Mhz, 64 MB Ram and this fuc....card and my pc
    freezes everytime, only work fine with a Diamond Stealth 3D 2000 4 mb........yea right.!!!!
    Please if somebody see this, help me....What is the ****...problem?????
    Kielz

Oh 32mb or 16mb?The %#*^$ card might not be the problem.If its a 32mb then you may have to do some tweaking to get better performace out of your 333.

------------------
    Miles

This too shall pass!

Miles

This too shall pass!

I've had the exact same problem--the freezing problem. I fixed the problem by checking the IRQ list--make sure (this is important) that the card is on its own IRQ. IT CANNOT SHARE WITH ANOTHER DEVICE. In my case, my network card and my APG card were sharing the same IRQ 12. Also, it's okay to have something called "IRQ steering" installed on the same IRQ--in fact it's good idea. Windows will install it automatically. If the AGP card is sharing an IRQ--DON'T move the AGP card--move the other card to another IRQ.

Hope that helps.

Hey dak my card is sharing an IRQ too. Could you help me with how to change it because I have no idea. Thanks.

Hey everybody with a V550 or similar. I also found that if you have the card in an Ali chipset mobo (GA-5AX) then you must make it use its own IRQ. One way to do this is to go to System properties (in control panel). In the Device Manager section, select Computer, then press Properties. Now count the number of cards sharing IRQs. Then shutdown and restart and enter your BIOS. Disable a parallel port or two and maybe some unused com ports and hey presto. Each com port/par port should release 1 IRQ. So make sure you get V550 on its own IRQ and you will not get random hangs anymore.

However, you may have problems with OpenGL. I have the AMD build of Quake 2 and it only occassionally crashes, but under the same circumstances. I have AGP V1.6, Diamond V1.93E, Win Drv VX.X...255, Win 95B.
    Email me if you can get find a proper solution.

P.S. Take a look for GA-5AX at www.giga-byte.com and see what they have to say.

Thread Information