G200 AGP at 2x, a joke
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: G200 AGP at 2x, a joke

Hybrid View

G200 AGP at 2x, a joke

I have a ABIT BX 2.0 Mobo (w/latest update) and use a G200 w/8m upgrade (w/latest update & driver). WCPUID & PCILIST both swear I'm running at AGP 1x although it is a 2x card even with all other cards removed. The AGP reg code to force AGP 2x did nothing. Matrox claims it is possible that some video and Mobo combo's will not work but no one has ever sent one back to them with this problem. The ATI Rage 128 I installed worked fine. Has anyone had a similiar experience and/or have a solution? HELP!!!

Still though, besides those programs saying you are running at 1x, what's wrong with the G200?

[This message has been edited by Baloneyflaps (edited 09-25-99).]

I have a G200 on a BH6, PCILIST says I'm at 2x. Don't know what you should do. Do have the latest G200 drivers?

I have the latest driver. I guess I'm concerned that I may have to switch to another, an inferior, card, just to get 2x. I have even tried removing all other cards, but nothing has worked.

Any ideas?

No clue, sorry. Mine installed easily and has performed perfectly, even better than I had expected when I got it. With the talk about its inferior performance compared to the other accelerators, I wasn't expecting to really to get playable framerates at 800x600 which I do. Granted, it won't handle 1024x768 worth a crud, and I don't get 60fps, but it's playable with great image quality.

I don't have any idea what's causing your AGP 2x problem.

Thread Information