Difference between V770 and V770 Ultra
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Difference between V770 and V770 Ultra

Difference between V770 and V770 Ultra

What is the difference between the Diamond V770 and Diamond V770 Ultra? the only difference I could tell is speed at which they operate.

If the only difference is speed is it possible to overclock the V770 to run at the speed or higher than the V770 Ultra?

The only real world differences between the two is a higher clock/memory speed an Overclocking utility and a far bit of cash $$$.

I tested/reviewed both cards and saw no difference at standard resolutions eg 640x480, 800x600, 1024x768 but any higher the Ultra got better frame rates. The Vanilla one overclocks very well, easily to the speed of the Ultra so i could not recomend the Ultra.

Just make sure you use the Nvidia refference drivers 2.08 and things will go very nicely.
    A Dog is a Cat with More hair

so there is no physical difference between the two? in other words, is there any reason that it would be a bad idea to get a non-ultra and clock it up to ultra speed? i know best data is selling an arcadefx tnt2 non-ultra for 99 bucks, so would it be ok to get one of these and clock it up to ultra speed and not see any problems?

There are physical differences ie its clocked at 150MHz (core) 183MHz (ram) and it has the Game bundle: Superbike World Championship, Need For Speed III, Wild Metal Country,

However the sporty price tag is clearly not worth it compared to the Vanilla version.

It also doesn't have TVout like it should.

One last very important thing is that clock speed is important when the CPU is not the limiting factor and you only want high resolutions for gaming and the like. You would see a huge difference in performance at say 1280x960 from a vanilla TNT-2 to an Ultra TNT-2, the difference will be less at 1024x768, and not noticeable at 800x600.

A Vanilla is better !.

A Dog is a Cat with More hair

GET A XENTOR 32 BY GUILLEMOT ITS SOOOOO MUCH BETTER, IT COMES WITH 175MHZ CORE AND 183MHZ RAM! OVERCLOCKING IS A EASE! I HAVE MINE RUNNING AT 185MHZ AND 220MHZ RAM! WITH OUT ANY EDITING OF THE CARD!!! BEWARE OF THE GUILLEMOT INCLUDED DRIVERS! THEY CORRUPT A CERTAIN FILE THAT MAKES U UNABLE TO GET INTO WINDOWS! SO BEFORE INSTALLING GOTO WWW.GUILLEMOT.COM AND GOTO XENTOR 32 SUPPORT AND DOWNLOAD THE FILES THAT MIGHT BECOME CORRUPTED!!!!! AND ALSO GET THE NEWEST DRIVERS! OTHER WISE THIS CARD RULES!!! RATED NUMBER ONE BY SHARKYEXTREME AND PLANETRIVA! BETTER THAN V770 ULTRA!!!!
    Comp Setup: Pentium III 550mhz,128mbs PC-100 SDRAM, 17 gig Seagate HHD, Guillemot Xentor 32,Sony IDE CDRW 4x4x32x,8x DVDROM, Guillemot Fortissimo Sound - Second Comp Dual Celeron 366 at 550 (5.5x100) on Abit BP6, 256mbs CAS 2 PC100 SDRAM, 30gig IBM 7200rpm UDMA/66, Guillemot 3d Prophet, Soundplaster X-GAMER

thanks for answering my question so succinctly, shellshocked. by the way, WHO THE HELL ARE YOU?!! AND WHY ARE YOU SO DAMN LOUD?!!!

ShellShocked13: Can't you ever stop blabbering about your stinking guillemot card? You're a f**kingly annoying and pathetic individual. Did your mother bang you on the head when you were a kid or something?

Thread Information