Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Please Help! I'm having problems with my Voodoo 3 3k and FIC Va503+

Please Help! I'm having problems with my Voodoo 3 3k and FIC Va503+

My system specs:
    FIC VA503+
    Voodoo 3 3000
    Asound Express 3D pci sound
    64 Mb of PC-100 Sdram
    20" Sampo Alphascan GL monitor-with no driver.
    10 Gb Quantum Fireball
    3com/Usr ISA 56k modem

Here's goes. When i first installed the voodoo3, it worked fine. Then i put the sound card in and it froze when ever the windows startup sounds would come on. I fooled with that for a couple of days and got tired and formated the thing. I started over with a fresh install of Win98 with the Voodoo 3 3000 and the Asound Express sound card in. During installation of Win98, there was a lockup, the screen had little yellow lines at the top of it. Then i rebooted and recovered my setup. Windows starts for the first time and install the VIA AGP VxD utility, VIA miniport driver, and PCI IDE busmaster driver. Then, i installed DirectX6 and installed the driver for the Voodoo 3 3k. When Win98 went to restart to let the drivers take affect it did fine, but when i got ready to insall the 3dfx tools, then when the pretty 3dfx menu came up the screen flickerd and turned grey and had funny looking,colored,horizontal lines on it. It looked like the lines were all the colors that were present on the screen at that time. Would it matter if i dont have the right driver for my monitor? I just usually set it up as a PnP monitor.
    I would really apprecitate and help or suggestions anyone could give me.

------------------
    Thanks,
    Agent-007

[This message has been edited by Agent-OO7 (edited 09-18-99).]
    Thanks,
    Agent-007

Georgerel Guest
    Well Agent 007 I'm new here, I have a VIA chipset to and an ATI Rage 128. And everything was working fine until I changed my monitor and one IRQ for my sound blaster card got lost.

I think that the problem is W98. When I get some chance I will format my computer and will install W95 because I think it's better.

In my opinion the problem is W98.

Thanks for the advice dude. Today, i ran BCM diagnostics and let it run through all the tests. When it came to the random memory test, it said "ERROR! FAILED! ERROR! FAILED!" so, while i'm shiping memory back, i'm up **** creek without a computer.

Vodka Martinis ROCK!
    Thanks,
    Agent-007

Thread Information