Please help me!! Voodoo3
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Please help me!! Voodoo3

Please help me!! Voodoo3

I must know, im thinkin of bying a Voodoo3 2000. And i wonder if its worth it? I havent got any PCI slot so i can max have v3 2000...
    Must know soon!!
    Otherwise, what should i buy?

------------------
    -------------------------
    Yes, felling...
    KUNGEN

You say you don't have any PCI slots? does this mean you have an AGP slot?

If you don't have an AGP slot and you dont have any PCI slots you are out of luck. You can't get a VooDoo3 card at all. The voodoo3 2000 is available in AGP or PCI. The 300 is available in only AGP. So which available slot do you have?
    "Computers work, people should think."

Oooops sorry, I ment that i didn't have a AGP port, I just have PCI ports!
    KUNGEN

In that case I would go with the Voodoo3 2000. It is a good card and will run any new game. I own a V3 3000 and am very happy with it.

"Computers work, people should think."

yes, you could go with a V3 2000 since it's available in both PCI and AGP. i have this card and i'm happy with it.
    what is your system's specs anyway? it could help a lot to list it...chances are someone knows about your setup and warn you of any problems you might encounter, if any.
    hope that helps.

I have a PII 450 128/10,1
    So you Astaroth have Voodoo3 2000?
    Is it really good?? I want whats best for my games, I play all sorts of games..
    KUNGEN

Well, in my opinion V3's are the fastest one if used with their default API - glide. They have much more fps horsepower than any TNT. But in D3D games is TNT2 almost everytime faster, and its real that glide is going to die. If you want Voodoo, wait for Napalm, otherwise buy TNT2, cause it will be a good gaming platform for a long time. Maybe with Napalm, game developers will support more Glide and than it will be Voodoo cards the best, I peronaly own V3, but think TNT2 is better, ofcourse only ULTRA version.

THE TNT2 IS NOT AVALUABLE IN PCI!

Stick with the Voodoo3 2000 PCI. The Napalm sounds graet, but is suppossed to support 4x AGP and use the AGP texture pipeline along with all the other goodies. They probably will not make a PCI version, but I may be wrong. Glide is not dead. It is very similar to OpenGL, so game makers will still write for it with a little arm twisting from 3dfx. MiniGL is also VERY fast (its basically a combo of Glide and a reduced OpenGL).

The Voodoo3 supports Glide, Direct3D, OpenGL, and MiniGL. How can you go wrong with that. It is very easy to install. Very reliable and simple to tweek. VERY easy to overclock (10-20%). And, best of all, VERY, VERY FAST! (easily beating any TNT and even most TNT2's if they could run on your system.)
    AMD Phenom II x4 945 3Ghz | ASUS M4A77TD | 2X WD 1TB SATA 2 hard drive | 2x2GB Corsair XMS3 | nVidia GeForce 8800 GTS | ATI TV Wonder Theater Pro 550 | Antec P-160 case | Antec 650w Earth Watts | LG Blu-ray Super Drive | LG DVD RW | Windows 7 Pro

Feel, I just left a message at my post. Get the VooDoo3 2000 PCI and use it, and yes it will run without AGP.........

------------------
    *Jack*The*Ripper*
    *Jack*The*Ripper*

Thread Information