TNT2 on MVP3! Help!
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: TNT2 on MVP3! Help!

TNT2 on MVP3! Help!

I want to buy a TNT2 Ultra but will it work on my VIA MVP3 based motherboard (DFI P5BV3+) ?
    even with the detonator drivers 1.88?

As far as I know the TNT2 is not compatible with either the MVP chipset or the ALi chipset. Maybe they will figure out something and let the rest of us in on it.

AMD RULES!!!
    If you don't have a real computer, don't even bother me :-)~

I tried a viper 770 on my tyan s1590 board. It has the same chipset as yours. I could not get the card to work in 3D. The 2D worked fine but it would not run any games. I tried the new drivers for the card, the AGP drivers from via, a new bios for the motherboard and patches for the games but nothing worked. I ended up exchanging the viper for a V3 3000. All I had to do was install the drivers and it worked right from the word go. I would suggest you stick with a VooDoo card for your system.
    "Computers work, people should think."

I got mine to work (I/O magic w/32MB) on the MVP3 chipset (TYAN S1590!). Problem is the card crashes on 3D stuff in 2X mode (Yes VIA supports it). If you set the MOBO to 1X it will at least run (Install AGP Driver in normal (NOT TURBO) mode.

Currently looking for a fix.

------------------
    Sincerely,

Bert Harnois (bharn@banet.net)
    Sincerely,

Bert Harnois (bharn@banet.net)

The TNT2 Ultra works fine with the MVP3 chipset. I have an EpOX MVP3 motherboard that I have my TNT Ultra connected to, and I love it. Don't settle for less.

I didn't post this earlier, but, Bert's post is 100% accurate about how to install the card. Even though it's AGP 1X, it's video output is much sharper than the Voodoo. The Voodoo 3000 and 2000 don't even support the AGP bus, so even 1X is better. Plus, they have twice the amount of ram as Voodoo's.

Thread Information