Calling all Voodoo3 owners
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Calling all Voodoo3 owners

Calling all Voodoo3 owners

I would like some insight if possible of any V3 owners hanging out on this message board what there experiences have been like benching and playing with the V3 3000 AGP. Thanks for your help in advance.

Personally, I like the Voodoo more than any other card out there. I've tried the TNT2 Ultra and it looks good too but the Voodoo stands out for some reason.

Frames Rates is always what I've been after!

------------------
    The Asus P3B-F Is One Board You'll Never Run Out Of Problems With!

? Quantum Physics ? Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

I got a V3 2000 AGP.. runs like a baby at 177.. I tested a V3 3000 and runs only at 181.. so for 4 Mhz of difference, I saved 50 bucks... and the TV out has no use for me..

It's an awesome card, I tested TNT2, G400, but I choose V3.. TNT2 is slower but has better image quality, G400 is slower too and has an awesome quality, but both lack in game support.. only in V3 I could play Fifa 99 at 1024x768 (for example) and many other games look and feel much better with V3 (Star Wars Racer and TPM, Motoracer, Carmagedon 2 and all EA stuff)

V3 has not so great technology and image quality (32bit) like TNT or Matrox. But I think 3Dfx 16bit glide looks much better and realistic than 16bit D3D or OGL on those two rival cards TNT2 and G400. But nevermind. Also big mistake is no AGP support for V3, but what to hell is wrong? I am running every game great on my 300MHz system at 1200x1000!! Thats incredible, so high res and so low-end CPU = great performance! I would like to see V3 on PIII 600MHz PCU, that must be a asskicker. In my humble opinion, V3 has much more horsepower for fps than other cards, and thats the main. Its nice to play with enviromental bumb mapping, but what is it good for when you cand play over acceptable fps?

Oh, sorry, I forget to write, that I own V3 2000 not overclocked!!

I have a big issue here, I have 2 identical machines--one at work, one at home, both PIII 450 128m-o-ram, Apollo MB, sweet setup theoreticaly. The one at work has a riva 128 and a Voodoo2 12m. The one at home has a Voodoo3 3000AGP...at work I score a 2980 on the 3DMark Max...at home I score only 200 points higher, WTF scoring a 3122...why did I bother buying the V3 if this is the case? I'm not sure if that is super high for a Voodoo2 or low for the Voodoo3 3000. Does anyone know how or why this is happening? If the scores are supposed to be that similar? I have all the latest drivers, DX 6.1, BIOS setup correctly, all my configs are tight...I just don't get it??????? If you could, please help out. Thanks

Thread Information