Somebody running Voodoo3 AGP on LX Mobo ?
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Somebody running Voodoo3 AGP on LX Mobo ?

Somebody running Voodoo3 AGP on LX Mobo ?

Do you know about any incompatibility between a Voodoo3 AGP and a LX Chipset Mobo (Asus P2L97 to be more specific ?)

Stingray,
    I saw this old post of yours...I don't have the Voodoo 3 but I do have the Asus P2L97 mobo and I am planning to buy the V3-2000. Did you encounter any problems with the AGP version? Should I stay away from it and get the PCI version instead?

Anybody out there besides Stingray who can answer my questions, please do...I really hate buying something that would make me want to pour gasoline on and set afire...hehehe...who does?

I have the LX chipset also, and have not been able to run the Voodoo 3 3000 AGP due to computer lock ups upon initial loading of the desktop. 3dfx suggested trying a new mobo, but maybe the problem is the LX chipset. Does anyone know if the problem could be in the chipset? I have been comtemplating buying a new mobo, but maybe Intel could fix it with a download if enough people complain. Any suggestions?

Astaroth,

Good news.. the Voodoo3 2000 AGP worked fine and flawlessly on the P2L97 !!

Installation was a child joke..

Stingray,

I'm very glad to hear that!!! Now I can go and buy that card knowing that it run flawlessly on a mobo same as mine. Tnx a lot!

Thread Information