Expert advice needed about video BIOS for 3dfx cards
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Expert advice needed about video BIOS for 3dfx cards

Hybrid View

Expert advice needed about video BIOS for 3dfx cards

I have been having problems with my Quantum 3d Raven (banshee) drivers. I am wondering if its safe to flash my video bios with another brand's bios revision. I just cannot get the damn new drivers to work (as I'm sure many who've read my repeated posts know). So I want to try drivers from other companies (specifically Creative), but their drivers seem to require a bios revision. So is it safe to flash it with the creative BIOS? I won't do it unless someon can tell me for sure if it's safe. Thanks in advance.

If you know the boards are based on the'reference' design you might be O.K..
    I believe creative usually does 'not' stay with the reference.. But I do not know for sure about this particular card..
    I'd be prepared to live without the card if i were going to try this...

I have noticed your posts.. Are you sure it is the card.. ?
    "If it works it's not overclocked!"
    My Stuff

I have NO IDEA what it is. I think there is just an incompatability with the new 3dfx reference drivers, because the problem is the same with the newest raven drivers (based on reference drivers) and with the 3dfx drivers. Still, the drivers from the CD that came with the card work fine with absolutely no problems, so as far as my limited knowlege goes I cannot think of any reason other than that the new drivers from 3dfx are incompatable with my system. Someone even told me to go back to Win95 and see if I can get the newer drivers working, and I am seriously considering it. Unfortunately Quantum's tech support is useless, and 3dfx can't be bothered to help. Please if someone has ever tried flashing a vid bios with another company's version let me know what happened. I am going nuts cause this card will not play many newer games without the newer drivers, nor will it support 3d Now. I am really bummed that I bought it specifically for 3d Now supprt and can't even get it!!! (

Thread Information