V3 3500 vs. Mg400 MAX
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: V3 3500 vs. Mg400 MAX

V3 3500 vs. Mg400 MAX

They cost about the same, so which is better?
    I'm using this on an K7500 computer with 128-256 mgs. I'll be using it for everything(games, 3dmodeling, image processing...)

Im not sure i know the answer to that. In most cases, the V3 would perform faster, however the G400 MAX tends to really shine when you couple it with a powerful processor. With that setup, my guess would be that the V3 would still perform *slightly* better, but the visual quality of the G400 MAX would make it the better choice. Besides, youd be talking about the difference between 100fps and 90fps, i really doubt youd notice, where as lack of 32bit colour and poorer visual quality is something you may notice.

------------------
    "In the computer industry, there are three kinds of lies;
    lies, damn lies, and benchmarks."
    "In the computer industry, there are three kinds of lies;
    lies, damn lies, and benchmarks."

If you're serious about OpenGL applications (you mentioned 3d modelling) I can strongly suggest taking a look at the VX1 from 3d Labs. It has directx-6 support too, so playing games is no problem, but it has the most sturdy set of opengl drivers on any board for under 500. Plays half-life like a dream, and runs softimage3d/max2.5 like a crazed maniac.
    In short - IT ROCKS
    Dan P

NV10, NV10, NV10, NV10

prod.

Jeffy79 Guest
    Prodigy,

Remember the K6-x series? I have one and a tnt card and it doesn't work that well together with software games. But they may have corrected this problem with the new boards.

Jeff

Jeffy79, WuLabs is going to use it on a Athlon (K7) 500Mhz. WuLabs, Prodigy is right NV10 is coming out in september and it will be much faster and it will have much better visual quality then the G400Max.

[This message has been edited by Mr. D (edited 08-15-99).]

Thread Information