I am broke... but I need a sloution to my current 3D card
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: I am broke... but I need a sloution to my current 3D card

I am broke... but I need a sloution to my current 3D card

I currently own a P200 MMX, 64 MB Ram, and a Matrox Millenium 4MB graphics card...

That means no openGL and more importantly, no Direct3D which almost every new game requires!

I want to get a voodoo2 I think because I need something that will fit in a PCI slot seeing as how I have no AGP. I think the voodoo2 will be my best bet, unless anyone thinks I should rip out my matrox and put in a banshee?

The problem is I'm broke and I was wondering if anyone knows what the best solution would be for my problem and if anyone knows where I can find a cheap graphics card? (There was a voodoo2 on pricewatch for $50, but I went on vacation and when I came home it was gone, so I'm looking for something as cheap it comes)

Thanks,
    Unfrgivn
    If god hadn't intended for us to eat animals then why'd he make them out of meat?

ankerson Guest
    You can get Banshee cards at price watch for about $50.

I had one in my P200mmx and it worked great

I think I've decided to go with the Maxi Gamer Pheonix Voodoo Banshee for $62, but if anyone else still has suggestions I would really appreciate them!

Thanks,
    Unfrgivn
    If god hadn't intended for us to eat animals then why'd he make them out of meat?

Go for the Banshee
    It's a great card for your computer.
    Just make sure you get the PCI version.

Go for a Voodoo3 2000

Best buy has had them on sale for $100 and some sights on pricewatch.com have them for less. 3DFX is also offering a $30 rebate. Yes that is $70 for a Voodoo3 2000 and they are avaluable in both AGP and PCI. They SMOKE!
    AMD Phenom II x4 945 3Ghz | ASUS M4A77TD | 2X WD 1TB SATA 2 hard drive | 2x2GB Corsair XMS3 | nVidia GeForce 8800 GTS | ATI TV Wonder Theater Pro 550 | Antec P-160 case | Antec 650w Earth Watts | LG Blu-ray Super Drive | LG DVD RW | Windows 7 Pro

maxi gamer pheonix banshee is cheap, I bought it for $59 ($20 mail-in rebate I never trust them). However, you might have some driver problems. One problem is if you use full screen to watch a movie, your machine will stuck. I don't know if I am the only person who is having this kind of problem, though. Other brand of banshee might be better if you can find a cheap one. I guess. Since you only have about $50, the suggestion about buying a $100 video card really does not help much. I remembered I refused to buy a video card which is $3 more than the other one though it is the better one when I was really short of money.

Thread Information