Viper 770 Ultra with Detonator Drivers?
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Viper 770 Ultra with Detonator Drivers?

Viper 770 Ultra with Detonator Drivers?

I've tried the NVidia 2.08 drivers with the Ultra 770 and my system locks up after 2 or 3 minutes. I'm running on an Asus P5A with a K6-III and have updated everything from the MB BIOS to the DirectX 6.1 patch and still no luck. With the 2.08 drivers the 770U screams along until it locks. Has anyone else had this problem or know the fix? Are there any better drivers (I know it's still early) for the 770? I've tried all of Diamond's and they do work but compared to the 2.08s (before they freeze) are dogs.

thanks for any help

TR

is it an AGP card? have you tried downloading any AGP updates for your motherboard? I know that to get AGP to work with my k6-2's motherboard, I needed an AGP patch. Hope this helps

My friend had an P5A w/K6-2 and a V770 (normal) and it also locked up frequently. Apparently, there are hardware incapatabilities with the tnt2 chip and the motherboard/cpu (I don't remember exactly, but I remember seeing it documented somewhere). He ended up exchanging the tnt2 for a voodoo3. results still pending w/the new board.

A lot of people are having probems wits a tnt2 running on a k62 or k63. It seems to work a lot better on a pentium system. If you can, trade it in on a voodoo 3 because that seems to work better on a k6 machine.

All Right! I found an AGP update at Asus and installed it. Diamond also has a B version of their 770U driver too. Although the Detonator 208s still won't work this setup is stable and does a pretty good job of screaming on its own. I just read below that Diamond will soon be releasing a Detonator version that WILL work. It's a good day! Thanks for all the help folks.

Thread Information