What's wrong with my TNT videocard and Internet browsers???
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: What's wrong with my TNT videocard and Internet browsers???

What's wrong with my TNT videocard and Internet browsers???

It's really getting stupid now.... I have problems with Internet Explorer 5 and Neoplanet...
    When I am multitasking multiple browserwindows and when I switch between them, not always, but then the screen starts hoppin around... Up and down... This also occurs even more when I use the scroll wheel on the mouse...

Sometimes the browserscreen just doesn't update the pictures with switching different browserwindows and then I have to minimize, maximize... Then It looks ok, but the problem still occurs.
    What is also remarkable is that when I move the mouse, while the screen is bumping around, there comes a rrrrrrr sound out of my motherboard speaker...

First I thought that it was a problem with my Microsoft Intellimouse, but I've tried a PS2 and a serial mouse...

It must be the videocard or the motherboard...

Is there a little bug in Internet Explorer 5? And is Netscape the answer? Neoplanet does the same thing as MIE5.
    And ALL the other, not internet based, programs are doing a great job!!! When I get connected, I've to WATCH OUT!

My system:

Motherboard ASUS P5A 512Cache
    Memory 64MB
    CPU AMD K6-2 450
    Video Diamond Viper 550 AGP 16MB (TNT Chipset)
    HD Maxtor 10G 7200rpm

Please, does somebody see where this mess is coming from...

IT DRIVES ME CRAZY!!!

Risto
    The Netherlands

------------------

Well, since Neoplanet uses the IE5 DLL's it could be IE5. What do you mean that the screen jumps around? If you mean the whole display gets yanked around, it could be your monitor or video card acting up. Try replacing the monitor and/or video card from a friends and see what happens.

Well... Just the internetpage starts jumping around... Mostly up and down...
    After that I cannot do anything. Only sometimes the mouse can be moved, but nothing more...

Thank you for the reply!

------------------

Thread Information