price/performance question
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: price/performance question

price/performance question

which has more power for gaming:
    Matrox g400 non-max 32meg for $249(canandian)
    or Xentor TNT2 ultra for $316 (with $30 u.s. rebate which equals a total of about $274 can)
    I know all about the opengl probs with g400 but the only games i've come across were the Quakes and Tribes which i don't play.
    people that drive slow are easy to pass, it's people who drive fast that provide a challange.

ankerson Guest
    The Matrox looks better than the TNT-2(Prettier). The TNT-2 is alot faster and look really good. I have a V770, and it is sweet.

Ask CollinJ about the Xentor, he has one and he really likes it.

I know you didn't mention this card but this is what I would get considering money isn't a problem:

Hercules Dynamite TNT2 Ultra (Made in Canada)

They say it is the ultimate best 3D card on the market today!

------------------
    "It is now safe to turn off your computer"

? Quantum Physics ? Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

i am really going to see that much of a difference between these cards. I know that the g400 is the slowest and the herc the fastest. but really after an extra 100-150 bucks would i really see the difference. I saw some benchmarks at www.matroxusers.com and quake2 on the 16 meg g400 ran somewhere around 40 fps at like 1280x1024. I mean i not really going to see much of a diff. after 40 honestly.

[This message has been edited by drzaius (edited 08-06-99).]
    people that drive slow are easy to pass, it's people who drive fast that provide a challange.

Thread Information