Games,come in to discuss:)
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Games,come in to discuss:)

Games,come in to discuss:)

The discussion for games seemed to be popular so I started another thread the other one is up to 43(a little long)so feel free discuss them \

I've been playing Starcraft. I really enjoy playing it, but the single player stuff is real hard. I want to try the online stuff, but I'm just unsure about how well I'd do. Maybe I'm being kinda of odd about it, but doing crappy in a big deathmatch is easy cause nobody pays much attention, but one on one play loss seems like it would kill your ego.

Well hello all ya guys
    I have been playing tribes.
    Tribes look cool to play.
    I think about get descent3 but i rather wait until they become popular online.I have been played descent1 and 2. So descent3 look better 3d when i seen on demo. Do you think descent3 will alot players online soon??

Well pay me out if you like but Requiem - Avenging Angel is the best game ever, err well of this week anyway.

The monster movements are so real, not that you see many sludge oozing sewer dwellers walking down the street is it.

Just one problem, ok two. The interactivenes (is that a word ?) like when you unload a rocket on a tv screen it holds up, even duke nukem 3d allowed you to blow nearly everything up. The second is the sounds they are average, not scary like blood 2.

------------------
    I have Nothing to Fear..
    A Dog is a Cat with More hair

i just got kingpin a couple weeks ago and i really like it, lots of violence, blood,and profanity! it takes hefty hardware to run and is a bit on the short side for the single player game but the multiplay is really good. i personally havn't had any problems with it but seems a few have. everyone will have their own opinion about it of course, but i think its pretty damn good!

cool,I was thinking of getting KINGPIN,but wanted to know more about the multi,sounds great,I have the demo runs fine on my machine,k62-460 v3 3000,looks like time to go back to comp usa..............

The word I think you were looking for Luke, was "interactivity" And as for interactive environments, I still don't think anything has quite matched Duke Nukem, even as old as it is in game-years. Now there's my question, folks: what game gets your vote for having the most interactive environment?

Duke Nukem was the first cough, true 3d shooter. It was sprite based but who cares no other game feels as good first time.
    A Dog is a Cat with More hair

Jeffy79 Guest
    I got a question for ya all. On my AMD k6-2 350, STB V4400 and 128megs of ram, will it run kingpin fine? Tresspasser is a huge hog too but is it smoother than Tresspasser?

Jeff

Relative to every other fps, Kingpin runs like crap on my 464. Haven't tried Trespasser on my machine (and won't) but have on others. Educated guessing says that Kingpin will run a little better (maybe) than Tresspasser. I've heard a lot of complaints about the performance of Kingpin on even very high-end machines.

I just had to say (after getting my 3d glasses settings right) this thing ROCKS!!! Watch any 3d game really come to life like I just played old Battlezone and WOW!!!! Games like rollcage and any 3d game just really pop out. I got mine with the Asus v3800 deluxe but you can buy them seperately im pretty sure...the thing is you have to use the asus drivers for your card and they are really slow even the latest ones.

Cool Someone else is playing Requeim, I think it's pretty cool so far. I like how smooth it is, and it does have A3D now, I guess with the patch update. How do you play multiplayer on it? I am waiting for Diablo 2 though, even though I bet they'll charge for multiplayer like Everquest does, that sucks. I can't believe you ahve to pay $50.00 for a game which only runs in multi, and then you ahve to pay another $10..0 per month just to play, and you can't even PK any of the other players for being idiots. Not too fun and totally over-rated game. as exciting as a bag of cheese in a freezer.
    NEVER: tell a boardroom full of Australian's, "I'll be rootin' for ya!"

hello all, i just got kingpin and aliens vs predator, and requiem, nfs high stakes, shogo, and they all look pretty sweet. i haven't gotten to play kingpin a lot, but it seems to run good on my 464 with tnt, but i haven't gotten to get some good "gangbanging" in (that's what they call multiplayer). i LOVE a vs p, i think i'll be playing that for a long, long time. high stakes looks good too, along with shogo and requiem. should be getting blood2 and hexen2 also, and can't wait for that too. anyhow, can't wait til i get to play some more predator in mp with some serious disc action going on. til then, if you hear a zinging, duck! lol later guys lava ;-j

------------------
    lavajumper, master wizard
    visit our site at members.xoom.com/wizardofcomp
    why can i never think of anything witty to put in these?

Well, one game I really loved (kinda old now and not really 3d) was Diablo!!! I can't wait for Diablo II. The single player game takes time and the multiplayer was a blast. However the current game of the week for me is DungonKeeper2 (its good to be bad) This game rocks. But, be forewarned, if you start playing it you may lose all sence of time. I played from 7-12 (5 hours strait!!!) I could have sworn it was only 10 min.

------------------
    Skywalker is here and the Force is with him!
    Skywalker is here and the Force is with him!

Not much 2D love here. I'm playing Tales of Sword Coast right now. I finished BG a long time ago but I've just recently picked it up because of FPS burnout. I have LAN parties for Half Life and TFC regularly but haven't had the initiative to play since the last one. It's much more fun fragging your friends, not having to deal with lag, and talking smack your friends face. Once ASDL or cable comes to town (probably never) I'll have a dedicated server so that might help some.

Unfortunately HL/TFC has never been easy to find my friends online, unlike Starcraft. I may not have spent the most time playing this game but definitely the most time talking about it, formulating strategy. It was a lot of fun and easy to meet up with my friends and get a game.

Inevitably I burn out the games I play. We played SC so much that when Brood War came out my friends and I were already sick of it. I'll probably give Brood War another go while I wait for TF2 and Shogun: Total War, I may be waiting a long time.

Thread Information