Voodoo3 3000 Problems
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Voodoo3 3000 Problems

Voodoo3 3000 Problems

I installed the new voodoo3 drivers and whenever I try to start a game the screen turns black and my computer freezes. I tried reinstalling the older drivers which used to work but now they don't. Can someone help?

My system set-up is:

PIII 450
    Abit BE6
    MX300
    Win98 SE
    128mb RAM

That is a bit bazar,but we can try a few things i know,and lets see if they work.

1st go into display properties and change adapter to STANDARD VGA,now re-install the v3 drivers (new ones preferably)

Registry is the next step if 1st doesnt work

hit the start button go to run and type in "regedit" that will take you into your win 98 registry.

now go to hkey local machine/system/current control set/services/class/then scroll down to display.

ok in display you will find folders marked 0000/0001/0002 ect,really you only want 1 and that is 0000 and inside 0000 you want to see driver discription =3dfx voodoo3,

you can delete all but standard vga or the 3dfx 1 and reboot and re-install drivers.

my guess you had a former vid card installed other then v3?

darn forgot something,grab a hold of your mother board instrution book,and make sure everything is setup correctly in your BIOS,example agp bus speed,appiture,agp turbo,pci/agp setting just take a look if need be.

Thanks for trying to help but its still not working right. I think maybe if I try uninstalling all the V3 drivers and reinstalling them it might work. Do you (or anyone else) know what files are installed by the driver setup?

I didn't have another video card before this one.

I fixed it. I wasn't the voodoo3 that was causing the problem. My sound card wasn't set-up right.

Thread Information