Wake up!!! Voodoo3 just sucks. - Page 3
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wake up!!! Voodoo3 just sucks.

ScottSOK,

I'am sure that Dean will appreciate you for defending him, but if you would kindly scroll your mouse all the way up and read all the reply that he has posted you will understand. And if you don't understand let me put it to you in a better form of understanding. Its goes like this..... If you are sitting in front of a fire that is burning steadily and then for no apparent reason you dump a **** load of gasoline into the fire. What happen?

who needs defending we are simply debating here,if you think like words are going to somehow jump out of my monitor and offend me,your wrong,say whatever,it just shows Imaturity.

god dame this **** is OLD!
    stop with this posts i dont care wich is good or bad as long it works for me adn you and etc. Its your opinion and mine on what i like and on what other like.. Ok and one thing V3 is not faster in Q3 period.
    Ok maybe i am lile to pissed of but please dont post this **** i got TNT2 U 175/183 800x600 32bit i get 108.6fps on 2.08 refrence drives that is fast enough but i got the card so i can play in higher res in 32 bit any way why did i get thsi ****ing huge *** monitor for to play games in higher res and 32bit..
    Sorry on those stuff i am geting bored of this you buy what you like we buy what we like and that how it goes.. i had 3dfx products they were good not bad but in visual TNT/TNT2/TnT2u rocks specialy the MGA400Max
    Thanx
    Alex D

------------------
    WTF?? I am just trying to help OK!

The Real Power IS UNDER THE TOWER OF POWER
    check it out! http://www.fortunecity.com/skyscraper/save/23/index.htm

ummm... i would like to add something to the screenshot debate... not the card vs. card debate.

i;ve examined the screenshots posted, none of them have been altered in anyway by photoshop except for the JPEGing, which doesn;t count unless they are JPEGed at different precentages.

also, a screenshot taken on a V3 from within quake will not show what the picture looks like on the actual monitor when playing quake. the screen shot is snapped from the frame buffer. the image data moves to the frame buffer before it gets the 22bit filter applied to it. you have to get a special screencap program that takes the snapshot after it has been passed through the 22bit filter.

otherwise, you aren;t comparing the highest output quality of of each card. and as for the TNT2 supporting 32bit color.... It only does so TECHNICALLY. the monitor will only display 24bit color.

------------------
    da jig isz up...

i'm so upset lately...
    i'm contemplating www.cybersuicide.com

da jig isz up...

Well How can I resist this topic?

The v3 2000 was the best 100 bucks I have spent since I have been in computers, well next to getting a zip drive, thats a big help too.

I bought a TNT and had so many problems with it, this in turn turned me off from buying anything that was nVidia anymore. I have done the same with sony, got a bad walkman, it ruined 5 earphones of mine, and I wont buy another one of their products. Now if you ran into the same problem you would probably feel the same way. I have NEVER had a problem with a 3dfx product or anything that had a 3dfx product in it, such as when the distributed their chips. This is the main reason I bought a V3, the reliablility I knew I would get from them, plus a great card on the side. There are many reasons as to why people buy what they buy but its not all because we are STUPID and BLINDLY FOLLOW 3dfx!!!!

This V3 2000 I am running at 166, the core clock of the V3 3000 and I can play everything I want just perfectly, my only drawback is that im running a K6-2 333 o/c to 380, and I am limited in the good frame rates cause of the lack of floating point and the lack of 3dnow in certain games, such as TA: Kingdoms and Quake3. I can play Quake3 just fine and place 2nd and 1st when I play all 15 of my friends, and they ALL have TNT's and V3 3000's and P2 systems. So if the card can play what you want, and it plays the games good, why spend so much money on something that will not do too much more for what you want or NEED.

------------------
    Vidfreek: The master Wizard.
    Visit us at http://members.xoom.com/wizardofcomp

Vidfreek:
    I have gone to look for myself, If I get back before I return.....Keep me here

Dean,

The imature person here is you. If you kindly scroll up and read all of your post again, you'll find that what you have posted is call defending not debating. There is a difference you know. I'am not here to defend or debate about TNT2 or Voodoo3. I'am just trying to tell guys like you in a polite way to knock that **** off. We are all here to give suggestion and discussion. We are not here to call something suck or it's a lemon. Get the picture?

Well this kinda got out of hand

I said V3 sucked, cause in my opinion it's not as great as a lot of people say it is.
    I actually meant that, saying that it is the best card, sucks. It might just be the best in your situation.

I was just annoyed by the fact that people were praising the V3 into heaven.

Let's not argue about which card is the best.
    There is no overall best card, period.
    If all your fav games are glide, then a 3dfx based card is your best choice no matter how good a TNT can be. This is just a small example. Choosing the best card is a matter of picking the right card that suits your needs best.

And why don't we all post a pic on how q3test looks on our screens. As long as you don't edit them unfairly ( i'm NOT accusing anyone here so hold your horses :-).

Someone would have to tell me how to implement a pic in my message though.

The mature person here is the one who will give up this fight, because it obviously leads nowhere. You think you're going to change someone's opinion by bringing any of this up now? Not likely.

Reality check... if a person gives up on an argument, it doesn't mean they lost that argument. Last words?

------------------
    Horsemen are drawing nearer... On leather steeds they ride...

darkh prophet:

http://discussions.hardwarecentral.com/ubbcode.html

[This message has been edited by Baloneyflaps (edited 07-30-99).]

Thnx a lot Baloneyflaps

Tonka,

First and for most Dean doesn't need me to defend him if he jumps in hot water his *** will fry, but where in my post do I try and defend Dean? I'm just sick of all the name calling were does it get you? How am I suppose to believe what your post say if can't hold off from name calling? I do however think Dean get alittle bit fanatical about V3(and also some of the other people with the same card or a different one.

P.S. you kinda have to defend when you get a hostile post like this one.

All of you guys quitting such like foolish war between two cards.I current use v3 3000 that seem no problem on my system.It run so well. I does not care tnt2 look better why should i post complain??? I real not have any problem with my v3 on my system. I know tnt2 have great overall performance. Seem some of you happy with your card and post foolish on board that not make any sense.
    I am sick of any of you post this board to show off. You mean you not want anyone to buy lemon card, which is lemon card???
    I will said v3 and tnt2 are not lemon cards anyway. Also always depend on your system.
    Thank Rwc

Jeffy79 Guest
    CollinJ,

I am sorry to break this to you but, you take games a little to seriously. It is only a computer and well I hope you don't loose sleep over it. Also collinJ you edited that shot LOL J/K man . I know he didn't edit it because it looks the same on my TNT card .

Also to everyone else, have you ever sat back and noticed how these fights over a card is kind of childish and insane? I mean i read these and I am like is this a Video card discussion area or is it a House of rep floor? If you see the same thing over and over again do this. IGNORE THE POST and go on. It will eventually be pushed to the bottom and will be gone. Half of these posts are repeats of everything and it gets boring. Lets spice it up and get rid of these unsenceable posts.

Notice my high frames, averageing in the 80's hmmm. Gotta have fun sometimes .

Jeff

[This message has been edited by Jeffy79 (edited 07-31-99).]

[This message has been edited by Jeffy79 (edited 07-31-99).]

Dude, look at that guy in texas 10,099 how is that possible. I'm at about 92, but it really feels like it's about 110.

Thread Information