Wake up!!! Voodoo3 just sucks.
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wake up!!! Voodoo3 just sucks.

Hybrid View

Wake up!!! Voodoo3 just sucks.

Hey why is everyone raving bout V3 vs. TNT2?

The V3 is a really outdated card with no 32 bit colour support for games, it's compatible with AGP but it really doesn't use the AGP features.
    3DFX just hoped to take advantage of their good name and sell some more cards, that are just beefed up Banshees.

The question should be:
    TNT2, G400 or Savage 4?

It's obvious that the TNT2U wins, performancewise, I just found it a little expensive.

The benefits of the V3 are: the nice price and it still is one of the fastest cards.

But I don't think V3 will be good when Game developers start pushing these cards more and more, the TNT2, S4 and G400 are in my opinion the cards to choose from. The V3 is just a Banshee with more power, no new stuff here.

If you don't mind looking at ugly graphics, go out and buy a V3, but if you want to actually see where your money went, then get one of the others.

I'm not trying to offend people here, i'm just annoyed by people who buy this card just because it's 3dfx.
    If Matrox or something would've come out with this card instead of 3dfx, no one would've cared about it.

[This message has been edited by DaRKh PrOPhet (edited 07-29-99).]

Is that right?

ugly hmm,last ugly image i saw was a tnt2 trying to play unreal,lol...

you are WRONG,v3 has excellant image quality,can play anygame with ease and will install in any system with ease.You stick with your overpriced 2/3 api LEMON.

Hey Dean, go compare Quake3 or 3Dmark screenshots from V3,G400, TNT2 and S4.
    You'll find the V3 does worse than all other cards in image quality.
    Okay the card is fast, but so is my granny if she floors a porsche to the limit. that doesn't make her a good driver though.

And I don't have an overpriced card, I have the Savage4 which is actually the same price ( here in Holland ) as the V3 3000.

I agree that the V3 is easy to install though.

[This message has been edited by DaRKh PrOPhet (edited 07-29-99).]

Yes, this is a discussion board. Yes, this topic pertains to this particular discussion forum. But is anyone else getting sick of these sort of posts? I think people are sick of telling you they're sick of the same topic being argued about.

Don't tell me a video card sucks because something else MAY BE better in your opinion. The card can hold its own. But let it be in the eye of the beholder. I think we've all come to that understanding here on this board.

By this, I do not mean to strip you of your right to speak. By this, I only want you to be aware that some people will only take your "Voodoo3 just sucks" statement as "I-say-it-sucks-so-it-must-mean-it-sucks." Well, you did mean that didn't you.

In the words of the immortal James Hetfield, "we don't give a $#!T!!!!!!"

Shut it.

Peace, love... and beer for James.

Critisism is good,as long as it's based on something, that's why i ask myself questions like whether the V3 is a good card.
    I looked at some reviews on the internet and this is how i interpreted it.
    if you don't like it, then try and prove to me, that's what discussions are about.

The subject title may be a little misplaced but it draws attention and
    "In my opinion the Voodoo3 card just sucks but i don't want to offend anyone by saying this" seemed to long as a subject title.

I like a good discussion and since I was sick about the V3-versus-TNT2-thing, I was giving my opinion on this, and asking myself and all you guys if this is actually the right question.

Is that right quake 3 looks better on a TNT2,hmmmm....well heres a couple screenshots for ya.1st v3,2nd tnt2(v770)

if your 2d is working half way decent you will see the difference,mine ofcoarse is the fastest 2d under $200,and looks awesome. DOH!

Ooh that reminds me, I have to try Unreal again with the new V3 drivers installed.

------------------
    Horsemen are drawing nearer... On leather steeds they ride...

This debate is over DP,you loose give it up.

V3 rulezz! I in almost every game its faster that TNT2. Yea, I agree, it doesnt support 32bit like riva, but more important is the speed than quality which is ALMOST the same. Sorry, but I cant see a big difference. And AGP texture? Hm, this problem was here even with V2 and TNT. And how did this fight quit? V2 is still faster than TNT in many games. So, I think its the same with V3 and TNT2. But when NAPALM will come out, it will be a big problem for nVIDIA.

Now look here...no listen...dont get me started ok? I have not entered unto the tnt/voodoo debate yet... Have a closer look at those screenshots will ya? I see that the voodoo is brighter...hmmm. Im sure with a bit of tweaking (gamma?)tnt2 could make that.
    Thats where it ends HOWEVER. Look at the gun for crying out loud since thats the only thing you get a good look at texture quality and color....need I say more? Yeah im gonna say somemore and get this out of my system. Nah I dont think I need to really...quit looking at how bright the picture is and look at the BIG picture. This is 99 and we need to move on from voodoo 2/banshee technology one of these days. ThankYOU...

Dean,

I bet there was a time when you were walking back and forth in the video card aisle debating if you should buy a TNT2 or Voodoo3. Since you ended up buying a Voodoo3 with your hard earn cash, it has become that Voodoo3 rule. Because you are stuck with your purchase, which will be obsolete soon, you must defend it by browsing the internet 24 hour a day 7 days a week to find the best screen shot that someone else PC(not your) with someone else Voodoo3(not your) and have the nerve to say that Voodoo3 rule. You are a pathetic individual with an IQ of a fruitfly.

I think that both the TNT2 and the Voodoo3 are great cards. They have there up and down.

I agreed with Luke2344. If the dumbass who took those screenshot that Dean shared with us above would adjust the brightness or something on his display I'am sure the two image would look identical. Good point there Luke2344.

Okay i have to admit that this V3 pic looks good but it looks a bit weird to me, as if it was edited with Photoshop or that the TNT2 was at real low settings and the V3 at very high.

I'll try and find the URL where i saw this comparison too.

And try pitting a Savage 4 or G400 against a V3 and you will see what i mean. TNT2 is good but these 2 are even better at image quality.

Don't get me wrong i'm not saying V3 is a lousy card, i just think that is not that great as a lot of people say it is.

I dont search the net,some guy posted the link a week ago,its not hard to remember where it was.

Why dont you guys post some results,proof is better then talk,one more thing most v3 3000 owners have a v3 3500+ due to the easy overclockability of the card,mines at 190 currently others are past 200,Glide based games play and look the best on only 1 card 3dfx,try and debate that 1....

[This message has been edited by DEAN (edited 07-29-99).]

Thread Information