Com post your opinion is the Matrox G400 going to be just like ATI Rage 128
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Com post your opinion is the Matrox G400 going to be just like ATI Rage 128

Com post your opinion is the Matrox G400 going to be just like ATI Rage 128

i think the Matrox G400 is coming a little to late for the generation that it belongs just like Ati Rage 128 and it is not going to sale because the next generation cips from Nvidia and 3dfx are coming out.
    what do you think?

And i am talking about all G400 card here not only for G400 and notthe Max one.

[This message has been edited by Mr. D (edited 07-29-99).]

Well it really depends on the buyer. Have you seen the G400 in action. Direct x support is pretty good. Although the opengl need a overhaul.

A major distinction is the bump-mapping support. It is simply excellent. Another strong point is multimonitor support. It is able to split different refresh rate to diferrent monitors. Niffy wouldn't you say.

I think the G400 will kick but , at least the max will. Matrox hopefully will release even better drivers for their opengl problem. The G400 also has excellent visual quality, dual head, 32-bit rendering, and playable frame rates. I know that I'm going to buy the G400 MAX when its released! Everybodies so obsessed with frame rates, I would rather have excellent image quality and still tun 30+ frame rates.

I have two systems. A G400 and a Viper v770. I don't notice any speed difference between the two in 3d games (half-life, king pin, etc...), but the image quality is noticebly better on the G400. Just my humble opinion.
    "We're going to get another one next year, again -- back to back to back."

-Kobe Bryant

Terence yeah i know that it is a perfect card but is it going to be good aknof for the NV10 and V4 because the ATI Rage 128 was a good card but was not good for the TNT2 and V3 right.

What are the tentative release dates for the next generation of Voodoo and the NV10? Is Napalm the same as the yet-to-be V4?

I think read that the first Napalm/V4 is coming out this september i dont know about NV10 but it will com out this year.

NV-10 is supposedly going to go into production next month, then Guillemot is supposedly going to show one at ECTS in early september
    Sometimes I wonder...

It seems you may have a good point Mr.D. I think Matrox has the best card on the market currently, but their OpenGL drivers still need some help. When the next generation of cards come out, who knows? Jeez, the MAX isn't even out yet, and the next gen of voodoos and nvidias are getting ready to launch. Where can I read about the potential specs for the NV10 and Napalm?

www.planetriva.com
    www.riva3d.com
    www.crus.com

Are a few places for info.
    Sometimes I wonder...

Thread Information