Dean or somebody I need some #$%^ help
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Dean or somebody I need some #$%^ help

Dean or somebody I need some #$%^ help

Alright, if you don't know I was have some problems with 3d Mark I was wrong my computer was useing my old banshee drivers I found it out when I put it back in. I have my computer in vga right now, but everytime I power down and take out my banshee(agp), and put my V3(PCI) back in, and power up I get to the windows start-up screen my monitor goes blank and act like it's in sleep mode while my computer is still humming along. What do I need to do?

Hmmmm....,well first go into bios,there should be a setting for the comp. to look for agp/pci first,ofcoarse set to pci,
    a couple other probs,might be wrong monitor properties in display properties,also window registry and irq assignment.

you may wish to edit the registry and get rid of all but standard vga.
    heres how

start/run type in "regedit"
    then go to hkey local machine/system /current control set/services/class/display

now in display you should see 0001,0002 0003 ect.. look inside each,all you want is the standard vga one delete all others.

also did you have something in the pci slot b4?why isnt windows detecting new hardware?

Alright, I did all of that, and restarted the sameting occured. So, I tried my card in another open PCI slot that I have, and everything started up fine, but I'm still getting bad frame rates Unreal DMCRUSE botmatch 24fps 1024x768.

Alright, the only thing that has anything reguarding my banshee is my display properties were I can set the performance setting and gamma stuff. The only other place I see them is in Add/remove and I'm not sure about that, because when I try and take it out my computer does nothing.

ScottSOK,

I had a very similar problem with my voodoo3. I originally had a pci Banshee, but switched to a voodoo3 3000 agp. My 3dmark would continually crash with an error indicating my directx was not working properly.

It's been a while, but I had to actually go into the windows system folder and find partial Banshee drivers that were never deleted. Once I removed these it worked fine. I know that it's kind of vague, but it's the only advice I have to offer.

P.S. --> I had to use the file creation dates to determine which files were Banshee driver leftovers.

------------------
    Rogue, Master Wizard
    visit our site at members.xoom.com/wizardofcomp

OK I have taken out anything labeled device drivers that was based on my banshee drivers, and I still can't get good frame rates is there any other type files I should remove?

did you edit your registry like i said,once you do that its almost full proof that nothing will interfear asfar as old banshee drivers.......what is your cpu speed and type?how much ram,do you have the agp driver installed for your m.b.??????do you have agp/turbo enabled the list goes on and on let us know more in order to help.

My specs 450 AMDK6-2 192 megs of ram, and yes my I ran registery edit, and the only thing in their right now is my Voodoo3. I disabled the agp first look setting in Bios and enabled PCI Video card snoop is that right? Is AGP turbo is in my Bios if it is I haven't seen it.

i have similar setup,getting 45-50 fps @1024x768 in unreal,so you have problems.
    mine k62-460 192m and v3 3000agp

disreguard agp turbo i forgot you have a v3 pci.......

most super 7 m/b have these settings.

pci/vga palette snoop DISABLE
    video rom shadow it doesnt matter much but i would DISABLE(your vid card rom is fast enough)
    graphics aperture size 64
    unreal - do you have the 225f patch?
    also do you have direct x 6.1 installed
    it may be your m.b. drivers too,this has me a little baffled,what kind of m/b.

Yes I have the lastest patch and Yes I have directx 6.1, and what are you referring to m.b. drivers? I'll change my Bio setup and brb.

Talk about being baffled I've been working with this thing for the past three night trying to figure it out. I've lost to much sleep over this! If I were less stable I'd pumped the video card full of buckshot from my 12 gauge two days ago.

The M/B is a socket 7 Aladin5 I forgot that.

I wish it had a nice handle like the mac so you could throw it farther,lol........24 fps hmmm........how are other games doing,have you tried to re-install unreal?

I agree um I can try and put unreal back, but it's also jumpy in HL, in Heavy 2 it doesn't look to bad but it does freeze up alot and the 3d mark of course. Things look ok in Tribes and Jedi Knight, but I don't think they push my card hard enough to notice it too much. Since, we can't seem to find the solution I keep wondering if it's just the card, because when I got it it had been returned, and it was the only one. Could someone have ****ed it up before I even got it? I keep that thought in my head.

[This message has been edited by ScottSOK (edited 07-29-99).]

Well, I put Unreal back in patches and all and same results, and I download the new V3 drvers. Put my computer in VGA and installed the new drivers, and it's still sux city.

Thread Information