What is an ICQ???
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: What is an ICQ???

What is an ICQ???

I waqnted to know what a ICQ was and how to get one.

Thanks

------------------
    Visit My Site At:

members.xoom.com/_XOOM/ultimate3d/index.html

are you refering to icq the chat program? its located at icq.com

"an ICQ" refers to an ICQ number. ICQ by the way, is a derivation of "I seek you". This little program lets you know when people you've added to your buddy list are online, and lets you (and them) initiate chat sessions when you (or them) see that someone in your list of contacts is online. Basically, this is the gist of it.

The mind boggles how since December last year you have managed to surf the net, talk on hardware forums and create your own homepage yet have never heard of ICQ. What dank corner of the net are you lurking in???

Probably a good one actually, ICQ bites. Or maybe AOLICQ now that AOL is starting to "acquire" things. If that's the case I'm typing this in AOLNetscape.... better than MSIE anyway hehehe...

www.icq.com , the best place for instant messaging, lack of privacy, spam and endless forwarded messages from people who call themselves your friend. Plus you're a latecomer, so your UIN will be something horrible like 4716541774651846284. Don't you wish you'd joined earlier, you could have had a 6 or 7 digit number. Now they're as long as your arm (millions use ICQ these days).

Anyway best of luck. May the spam be with you.

Geoff

BTW nice homepage

Thanks Geoff~

------------------
    Visit My Site At:

members.xoom.com/_XOOM/ultimate3d/index.html

Geoff man ur on crack or somefin cuz AOL SUX BIG TIME!!!!!!!! Only idiots that cannot understand how to use ie5 use aol.(sorry to anyone else who uses it)

If i were you id get the hell off aol now and get something faster such as cable. it might be double the price then the phone lines but you get unlimited hours and the speed is incredible.

oh by the way Biotch, icq is a very good program. if you have friends and i hope you do get it, cuz its a great program to keep in touch with them. Geoff has a point of getting nuked, spamed with msg's from complete strangers and finding psychos contacting you. But just be careful in who you have on the contact list.

its also a great way to meet other ppl around the world.

: o )

Haha, the great ICQ. Been using it since the original build. Hehehe, that still puts me in the 3 million range user.

I could also not believe my own eyes when I saw this question from BiOtCH.

I mean, you've used PC for so long and don't know what ICQ is!!?

=)

An ICQ is like an IRQ - except you'll have more conflicts and error messages with some of the "preipherals" using it Hehe!

Like some of the others said... How can you be using a PC and the net for so long.......
    Have fun with it when ya get it at www.icq.com
    Bye the way, nice web site you've got.

------------------
    Keep On Rockin' 'n' Overclockin' ;-)
    Keep On Rockin' 'n' Overclockin' ;-)

Thread Information