IS THERE A RELIABLE MAIL ORDER SOURCE???
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: IS THERE A RELIABLE MAIL ORDER SOURCE???

IS THERE A RELIABLE MAIL ORDER SOURCE???

Can anyone tell me of a reliable/dependable mail order source for video cards.How well do they pack,what is return policy? Is there any you should avoid?Better prices?

------------------
    Crash&Burn
    Crash&Burn

I've had really good luck lately with www.buy.com .

They pack VERY well, everything I have received from them was overpacked in a considerably larger box filled with foam peanuts.

They shipped that day or next day, and they have a 30 day money back return policy. Not sure about restocking fees for non-defective merchandise. They are VERY reputable and I buy a lot of stuff from them, never had to return anything though... maybe that's a good sign?

I've built 2 PC's from the ground up in the last month and bought almost all the peripheral cards and drives from them. Their prices were lowest or very close to the lowest on everything I needed.

Highly recommended...

There is a source to find out how reliable many online mail order companies are, you can check out:

www.resellerratings.com
    Sometimes I wonder...

I've ordered from the following:

outpost.com (free overnight shipping)
    buy.com best prices I've found
    krex.com
    ftnyc.com

All of these online stores have given me great service. Couldn't tell you about their return services. I've never had to return any products. Good Luck!

------------------
    Current System:
    AMD 1800+
    MSI K7T266 Pro-RU
    512MB DDR
    Asus V7700Ti GF2 64MB
    WD 20GB 7200

My favorite is www.onsale.com

Good prices + free shipping + gets here fast = good experience

Try going to www.pricewatch.com or www.shopper.com to check for lowest prices on nearly any electroic item or software product.

**If you find an item @ an unbelievable price, be sure to check the shipping charges. That why I like Onsale.com.....Free shipping......

[This message has been edited by Tempest156 (edited 07-14-99).]

I would like to sincerely thank you ALL for the great amount of information.Here in Hawaii there are only two stores that stock pc multimedia hardware.With the info and experiences you have provided I'm now able to consider alternate sources.Always leary about doing mail order purchase without knowing a company,thanks again!

------------------
    Crash&Burn
    Crash&Burn

I have been buying a lot of stuffs from Buy.com and have not had any prob. with them.
    Let say: I ordered one CD-ROM, one Video, one Sound card and the Mother Board. They Packed those in two big boxes with foams and filled up my garbage can later on.
    They will not deliver the orders without the signature. Or will not charge any items if the buyer has not recieved.

Hope it helped you in some ways.

[This message has been edited by Dusting_Boy (edited 07-14-99).]
    Want to be a supportive? Then why don't you try to give it a click:www.xibase.com/
    http://pub21.ezboard.com/btheredpill59102

Thread Information