CollinJ need SERIOUS help!!!!!
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CollinJ need SERIOUS help!!!!!

CollinJ need SERIOUS help!!!!!

Ok i got the card today, i unplugged ALL cables from the back of my pc and installed the Xentor 32. The prob is when i started win98 the color and font size are huge. There at 16 colors!!! Display - plug and play on Standard pci graphics adapter (vga)
    God knows what that means.....There is also an error DLL??

Please help me!!!!

ankerson Guest
    That is normal.

Go to display properties and then click on settings.

Click on Adaptor, then click on change.

Windows will ask you if you want to look for the driver and you say yes.

Point windows to the cdrom with the driver on it to install the driver.

Or you can just put the cd in and it should autorun and install the driver that way.

The driver wont install off the CD's auto run.

Download the latest driver from: http://www.guillemot.com/northameric...x-9x-203us.zip

Extract this to a directory then run the executable, and it takes care of all of it for you.
    Sometimes I wonder...

ankerson Guest
    Really,

That's strange.

ankerson Guest
    Really,

That's strange.

Well I tried, so much for normal.

collinj,

Man, I wish I had $1 for every time I've run into that. Nothing wrong with autorun install programs, but the manufacturers should at least put drivers on the CDROM that can be installed the "normal" way...

ankerson Guest
    Mgp,

That's why I like Diamond, and use their stuff most of the time.

I've had that problem with the older stuff, like S3 Virge's and some Off brand cards.

Well that fixes the drivers but what bout my monitor. its totally wacked up im at 640x480 at 16 colors and it wont go any smaller cuz theres no other colors to choose from. man this si so bad!!!

ankerson Guest
    Go to Display Properties and make sure your monitor is set to plug and play. If it says unknown monitor you have to change it.

Will CL TNT2Ultra run into this kind of problem?

ankerson Guest
    No, CL stuff is easy to install.

"Easy to install he says" ;p

Anyway its up and runnin SWEET!!!! Ill get my quake2 benchmarks as soon as im done this msg. CollinJ and Ankerson thanks for all the good help its been very useful.

See ja in a bit :-)

ankerson Guest
    Meta|Gear,

Have fun.

Your 16bit numbers in quake will probably look very low to you, the v1.88 drivers and up dont automatically enable multi texturing in opengl 16bit. You will need to edit the registry before 16bit multi texturing can be used.

Goto start menu, then run. Type in: regedit

Goto the key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/NVIDIA Corporation/RIVA TNT/OpenGL

Now, goto the top menu's and click edit. Then select new, then select DWORD Value. Type in the name: ForceMultiTexture Now double click on the new ForceMultiTexture dword on the right side of the screen and type in a value of 1. Now your OpenGL will run with GL_SGIS_Multitexture in Quake2 and any other Quake2 engine game.

If you want to be able to shut off V Sync in the drivers, you have to goto the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/NVIDIA Corporation/RIVA TNT/NVTweak and add a DWORD "PowerUser" and set the value to 1. This will allow some additional features not normally found in the drivers, such as disabling v-blank wait (v sync) and a few other things.

If you get stuck with these, or dont feel comforatable editing your registry, email me and I can send you those sections of my registry which you can just add to your own without actually having to edit your registry.

Sometimes I wonder...

Well CollinJ i have no idea what your talking about, well i sort of do but sort dont. :-p

Well i did my tests so i guess they were in 32bit and with v-sync disabled. (whatever v-sync means)

Quake 2

Demo1.dm2 @ 640 x 480 = 77.1
    @ 800 x 600 = 74.6
    @ 1024 x 768 = 64.8
    @ 1600 x 1200 = 27.5

Demo2.dm2 @ 640 x 480 = 73.8
    @ 800 x 600 = 73.6
    @ 1024 x 768 = 62.8
    @ 1600 x 1200 = 26.7

Crusher.dm2 @ 640 x 480 = 32.2
    @ 800 x 600 = 36.9
    @ 1024 x 768 = 35.5
    @ 1600 x 1200 = 21.8

Does these scores seem right!!, remember the Xentor is not o/c. Now all I have to do is figure out 16 bit. ;-P

Thread Information