huge video problems (i think)
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: huge video problems (i think)

huge video problems (i think)

I installed the latest version of McAfee virus scan, it told me to restart, so i did. When i returned to windows my stb 4400 doesn't work (i'm typing this message in 16 colours at 640 x 480) i've got the latest drivers for the card and i've restarted my computer many many times, i've even tried to put my g200 in. It puts a better picture onto my screen (32-bit 1072 x 728, or whatever), but i can't click on anything (i mean anything) the mouse moves but nothing is clickable. so i popped my tnt back in so i could get onto the internet and ask for help. HELP HELP HELP!!!! please
    people that drive slow are easy to pass, it's people who drive fast that provide a challange.

Uninstall Mcafee.

I have seen soo many problems with their latest programs, I would stay away from them if at all possible.

If that does not work, its possible the install of it overwrote some important system files...

------------------
    Collin J
    HWC Administrator
    Moderator: Support and General discussion.

Sometimes I wonder...

ankerson Guest
    You too, I was going to put it on my sys, but it wanted to "clean to much". I don't think so!!!!!!

Yeah get rid of mcaffee for sure,I remember I had some serious system bog down and turned out to be the stupid mcaffee after hours of screwing around with everything.

I had a Mcafee nuts and bolts install that almost made me have to re-format my drive, it screwed my system up so bad. I ended up having to boot to safe mode and uninstall it, then repair my registry.
    Sometimes I wonder...

I agree, uninstall McAfee virus scan and get a whole new program like Norton Antivirus 5 or some other one. McAfee does not have that good of a virus scan anyways.

I agree with CollinJ and the gang,
    McAfee is herendous. I work in a retail software store and I have seen so many problems with McAfee's products.

One customer installed it on her laptop, but it refused to boot as long as McAfee was installed! Had to "safe mode" it and uninstall.

Stick with Norton Antivirus 5.0 if you need something.

Hello Collinj,mrfart and madman,
    I agree with them about mcafee, you need get mcafee out your system and reformat. When you try on norton system work that it will work better than mcafee. I current have norton systemwork in my pc with voodoo3 that no problem.Norton systemwork help you much better than mcafee.
    Thank Rwc

I'm still dying out here.
    McAfee is gone and everything is still the same evil way it was before i unstalled it.
    people that drive slow are easy to pass, it's people who drive fast that provide a challange.

I have the same problem! I updated the DAT files and when I rebooted, it said, new unknown hardware found........
    PIII 650@806
    PC133 128MB ECC
    ABIT BE6
    TNT2 Ultra
    WD SCSI2 10K 5.2ms 18.3G
    Vortex2 w/ digital out
    Sony MHC-5500 Digital Signal Processer - 30 equalizers and Dynamic Sound

this is very annoying. I'm not sure if i sure format and hope the problem is software related or wait till the weekend when i get my new video card.
    Suggestions?

Thread Information