Voodoo3 2000 how far can u overclock ???
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Voodoo3 2000 how far can u overclock ???

Hybrid View

Voodoo3 2000 how far can u overclock ???

Well im running my voodoo 3 2000 with only a fan and the regular heatsink. I ran it at 166 Mhz for a while. Now went to 175 Mhz. I didn't have any problems yet.
    does anybody know how far i should go ???
    well i think the 175 will be enough, i'll not go any higher, but do u think i am too high right now ???
    the heatsink feels only little warm when i touch it and Unreal timedemo went 100 cycles without problems.

How far have u overclocked ur Voodoo3 2000 ???

If the V3 overclocks that good, is there any reason to buy the "faster" voodoo3s ???

------------------

Got mine at 166 is just fine, only has heatsink no fan. Will go to 175 for a day of Q2, Q3 and come back and post results tomorrow.
    Ramr

i got mine to go up to 170Mhz and no fan just the covert open and it never froz on me
    i love that card i wish that 3dfx makes some lind of conection for 2 Voodoo3 card in some kind of conection and then we would have the fastest card for just 200bucks and tnt can suck d***** with their tnt2 ultra that is like 220 bucks hahaha .
    i love voodoo.

I got mine running rock stable at 177, with a single fan on the original heatsink.. I tested and it runs at 190 without any image mess, but locks after a while.. I was thinking of removing the original fan, and putting a larger one to try 190, but 177 is more than fine for me, so I won't make any experience with it.

Stingray

Did yours come with a fan? Do you have the V3 2000? Anyway, I got mine running at 166mhz, and it is running fine. I got a slot fan right under the heatsink and another fan blowing cool air from outside the case funelled to the heatsink.
    If all else fails, ask the GUY on the couch...

http://www.boincsynergy.com/images/stats/3703sah.png>

Sempron 2800@2100mhz ASUS KN8 512meg RAM RADEON 9600 PRO

Tornado,

No, mine came with just the heatsink.. I glued by myself a cooler on the original heatsink.
    And yes, I own a Voodoo3 2000.

got mine to 175 for a night, played kingpin for about 4 hours straight without a problem, the next day it froze with some tearing in the screen, I nuked my hard drive the same day for a fresh start, now no game will play longer than 5-10 minutes, sometimes not even that, Is it possible that I fried my card?

Thanks,
    Vidfreek
    Vidfreek:
    I have gone to look for myself, If I get back before I return.....Keep me here

How are you overclocking your V3's. Is it worth it, sounds like it?

------------------
    Current System:
    AMD 1800+
    MSI K7T266 Pro-RU
    512MB DDR
    Asus V7700Ti GF2 64MB
    WD 20GB 7200

Vidfreak:

Could be...
    Did u use a cooler ???
    Well but try at first a dos game... that might show if the card can't do anything any more... Quake I is perfect for that, no problems with Direct X etc.
    Try it out and post what happened.

does it run fine @ 143 Mhz ???
    Try to cool it better...

ecsi1:
    Download V3Overclock. it's aviable on many sites, but i don't have a url right now.

Thanx for all the replies, keep on posting

It runs fine with like IE and windows apps, but games it crashes everytime, I just reinstalled windows yesterday with my processor overclocked, and I dont think it was stable enough. I think that is whats the problem, the games run just fine, no anomalies or anything like that, just shut down to windows after like 5 minutes. Im going to install windows without my processor overclocked see if that will clear up the problem.

And I dont have any dos games anymore.
    Vidfreek:
    I have gone to look for myself, If I get back before I return.....Keep me here

Hey Vidfreek
    Your card seem should be fry few of chips i think your card might be fry already cause it run games shortly when you run game maybe card become heat quickly cause it shut out.
    Have you tried check evey parts on your card to see it there have burn out like any of these have enlarge on each side or connect to board. If you notice that different shpae than other mean that it fried. I think that might too risky to overclock card make any chips fried because too heat can burn any of chips. Best way to put more than enough cooler fan to card to be safe than sorry.
    I hope your card solve as soon.
    I have voodoo3 3000 i have been overclock shortly so i chane back to 166 as normal also i have two fans on it .
    thank rwc

Vidfreek,

Are you testing with your processor overclocked??

When you tested and crashed, how long did it stay crashed until you notice ??

Thread Information