TV-Out of the TNT2
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: TV-Out of the TNT2

TV-Out of the TNT2

Iām searching for a good board tom play Games
    on openGL and also to play DVD in best quality on my TV.
    Did anybody tested the DVD performance
    ( Soft DVD )on the new TNT 2 Ultra`s ?

At the moment I use a G200 and Voodoo2 SLI
    on a 300A@464 Mhz, 128 Ram.
    Or should I buy the G4oo Max and use my old Voodoo ladys also ?

Whatīs the best Soft DVD ?

Thanks for an answer

Coolcat

The only one I have heard info on has been on my card (the Xentor 32). I havent actually looked at the TV-out yet, and I dont have a DVD drive, so I cant tell you how it looks.

One of the sites that just did a review on it said its software DVD output to the TV was almost as good as some of the better decoder cards out there right now. If I can find it again, I will post it.

I dont want to sound like I am plugging my card here, but I am just telling you what I have heard. I havent actually seen it for myself, and probably wont until I do get a DVD drive which may not be for a while.

As for the g-400, I have not heard of anything on DVD on it, however, its OpenGL support is currently worse than most cards out there. DVD on a Rage Fury is good, because it supports alot of hardware decoding features. But it is alot slower than a TNT-2 in OpenGL. If OpenGL is what you want it for as well, I would take a look around for some reviews on the TNT-2. If you get one, keep your Dual V2's in there for GLide support and run the TNT-2 for most everything else.

------------------
    Collin J
    HWC Administrator
    Moderator: Support and General discussion.

Sometimes I wonder...

Ok, it was at www.mydesktop.com's review of the Xentor that I heard about it... but the guy was actually saying this:

By the way, I hear the Xentor also provides good if not spectacular DVD decoding which is brought to life by the included Xing DVD software.
    So it was actually hearsay of hearsay that I told you... sorry.

Read some of the sites like riva3d.com or planetriva.com, or others, there should be some info on the DVD somewhere.
    Sometimes I wonder...

Thread Information