CL Rules!!!
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: CL Rules!!!

CL Rules!!!

CL TNT2 ULTRA With TnTclock 185Mhz Core / 240Mhz Memmory..... I havent tryed higher that that ( max mem speed in TnTclk is 244Mhz )

Thats good. Sounds like you got one with 5ns ram on it, which is a good thing.

Have you done any benchmarks with it?

------------------
    Collin J
    HWC Administrator
    Moderator: Support and General discussion.

Sometimes I wonder...

I'm Waiting For Quake II Crusher demo... I'v youst moved and all my software is in another country... Do you know of any Benchmark programs that i can download from the net and test it out????

The CL Ultra sucks. It would not install the drivers and it kept saying the card was not installed for me. I had to manually install the drivers, and manually set the VGA IRQ for it to load the drivers, but to get it to even reconize the card I had to disable the VGA IRQ. (Win NT4 and Win 98). Also any card that ships with a bios update on the CD and web sites is NOT ready to be used.

The Diamond Viper Ultra I returned it for works without any problems and loads the drivers without any bios tweaks.

CL should stick to sound cards.

It's kind of odd that renin had trouble with the cl tnt2 because they are known for thier driver stability. I've got one and it installed with no problems at all. What kind of computer do you have and is it homemade or a major maker? I think that the hommade ones probably have less trouble because they arent so intergrated. Also don't be afraid to do a fresh format. If you can't lose whats on your hard drive don't blame cl for your problems. By the way, I'm not thrilled with my cl tnt2-ultra. But it's not the card I don't feel good about. It's the chipset.

I have a home built system with an Abit BX6 R2 mother board with the latest Bios. Celeron 400 and WD Hard Drive.
    The problem was getting the drivers loaded into the card during the boot up of the operating system. Once that problem was fixed the drivers worked fine. But getting there was a hassle and after several re-installs of NT4 and Win98. (I have two backup hard drives for critical data).

I took back my original CL Ultra and got another because I thought the card was bad, but the same thing happened. It just seems very sensitive to the IRQ it grabs. Also under NT4.0 (SP5) it card loads the drivers before the operating system loads up, but the Viper Ultra does not do this. So I can only guess it is the bios or like you say chipset (I did see a Rockwell chip on the board and that means cheap junk to me).

I just changed drivers from Diamond's to the Nvidia 203 detonators and it works great with out any problems. I could not get the Nvidia drivers to work on the CL Ultra.

Overall the card was a pain. I took it back and got a Viper Ultra. CL had their chance.....The speed was about the same but the CL TNT could not OC well. Have not tried the Viper yet...

The Rockwell chip you are seeing on the card is the Brooktree TV-out decoder chip. Almost every card produced that has TV-out nowadays uses that chip.

Sometimes I wonder...

ankerson Guest
    Ronin,

Cl cards don't really suck. They have had problems with their drivers, but the cards are fine for most people. Yes they make great sound cards.
    Diamond makes great video cards, I won't put any video card in my system but Diamond. That is my opinion. You made a good choice with that V770 Ultra.
    All the TNT2 cards are good, I just have had the best luck with the Diamond cards.
    I don't need a flame here.

Thread Information