Best drivers for Diamond v550 and K6-2 300.
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Best drivers for Diamond v550 and K6-2 300.

Best drivers for Diamond v550 and K6-2 300.

My friend just bought Might and Magic VII and is having problems with lockups. He thought it might have been lack of space on his HDD, but I tend to lean towards the drivers. I think he is using the drivers that came with it, so anything updated would be appreciated. Also, are there any issues with 3DNow and the v550? Thanks.

------------------
    No, really, it's just a chemical imbalance.
    No, really, it's just a chemical imbalance.

Try downloading the bios update at Diamonds website. I was having problems like that, and that fixed them.

------------------
    Hey Bobby and Billy, you out there?
    These are not my pants.
    Hey Bobby and Billy, you out there?
    These are not my pants.

Benthegreat, maybe you can bring some insight to my question. I am putting together a new system using Tyan's 1590S Trinity AT 100 mb(has the VIA MVP3 chipset) with a K6-2/400, 128mb RAM and have been trying to decide on a video card. I do mostly database & application programming but want to be able to play games when the desire hits, so I need a 2d/3d card.

I have been reading a number of posts on this bb and have read a number of differnt reviews, but I am still not sure what the best card will be? I would like to go with a "TRUE AGP" card as opposed to the 3dfx Voodoo cards, but have been very leary about which card will be most compatible. I have thought about the Diamond V550 but have been uncertain if it would be compatible with the motherboard I have chosen. I know it is now "old news" now that the TNT2 has arrived, but the card is now in an affordable price range, and given my needs I figure it will suffice.

Any suggestions? Any solid information would be not only helpful but greatly appreciated as well.

Thanks.

I had a v550 on a k6-2 300 the 2d was awesome but the 3d wasn't fast enough for games like quake and half-life. inow have a k6-2 400 with a voodoo3 and it rocks in 3d but the 2d isnt as good as my v550. If your a true gamer buy a v3 card for your amd if your looking for better 2d get a v550

Thread Information