Voodoo 3 3000 randomly changes resolutions?
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Voodoo 3 3000 randomly changes resolutions?

Voodoo 3 3000 randomly changes resolutions?

PIII 450, Voodoo3 3000 16mb, 128 RAM

When I first boot up my computer, _sometimes_ it likes to think that my screen resolution options are 640x480 and 800x600. When I restart (42 seconds), my computer suddenly remembers that my Voodoo 3 supports up to 16?? x 12?? resolutions.

This problem first occured when I installed a patch FROM 3dfx to make Quake 3 Arena look better. I installed the patch an viola! my resolution options went to nil.

So, I reinstalled the drivers from the CD that came with my card (bought a week ago) and all was well...

However, this problem still crops up. I am confused. Does anyone have any ideas? I work with computers all the time, and I'm not sure why it starts up one way and suddenly has an epiphony and works after a reboot.
    It has recently been discovered that research causes cancer in rats.

DEANRIL Guest
    yes i do,if you want to play quake 3 then you will have to install quake 3 compatable drivers.

before install go in and change your video card to standard vga,then install the drivers.

if that doesnt work then you will have to go into the registry and do some work let me know and ill help you if this doesnt work,have fun enjoy

Thanks! That worked great.
    It has recently been discovered that research causes cancer in rats.

DEANRIL Guest
    your very welcome enjoy that new card

Thread Information