pci card and agp, how does it work
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: pci card and agp, how does it work

pci card and agp, how does it work

I have a pci mystique 220 rainbow runner setup(video editing, capture) was thinking of a g400 agp. Now how will I be able to use both? I want to be able to play games, but video editing with premier is my focus. Will I need two monitors? And how do I decide what is shown on what screen?

Assuming you have an AGP slot on your Main Board, an AGP solution would replace your current card...
    There are platforms that support dual monitors but I do not believe
    you are describing such a situation...
    "If it works it's not overclocked!"
    My Stuff

You cannot use those two cards in conjunction. Your motherboard may have an option that lets you select one or the other, but you cannot boot with both cards active. If your motherboard has this option, then so switch between cards, you will have to reboot, enter BIOS, and change the options. (as well as move the plug on your monitor to the correct card) If your board does not have this option, it will likely default to the AGP card, and ignore the PCI one. Yould have to switch the cards in and out to switch.

I suggest you buy a VooDoo2 SLI. Theyre the only cards that can run in conjunction with another, though theyre not the fastest currently on the market. About a 12mb VooDoo2 addon card will give you sufficient games performance, and you wont have to sacrifice the use of your older card. Good luck.

------------------
    "In the computer industry, there are three kinds of lies;
    lies, damn lies, and benchmarks."
    "In the computer industry, there are three kinds of lies;
    lies, damn lies, and benchmarks."

Thread Information