F2, F1 startup message
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: F2, F1 startup message

F2, F1 startup message

I continually get the F1/F2 message when I boot my server. I inherited it from someone who pulled parts from it and gave it to me. I've since added drives and memory but still get the message. I normally look to the drives for any Auto settings but they all look good. I know he pulled some HBA cards so it might be that but not sure where to look to see if the cards are still being scanned. I normally just hit F1 to continue and everything works fine thereafter. But, when I boot/reboot the server I continually get the message and have to hit F1 to continue.

Can anyone give me advice on how to get rid of the message? if I can't locate the devices that the BIOS is looking for can I disable the F1/F2 message in the BIOS?

Are you sure that the CMOS battery is good?

Didn't truly do a physical check of the battery. The times for both servers have been good even prior to being given the servers. They remain good now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mango6779 View Post
    Didn't truly do a physical check of the battery. The times for both servers have been good even prior to being given the servers. They remain good now.
    Okay. For the low cost, you might consider trying that, anyway.

Otherwise, when you go into the BIOS and look at the list of devices, is there anything there (like a floppy drive) that the computer expects to see but can't (because there isn't one)? That may not be just the hard drives, but could be something like a floppy drive or an optical drive.

when we install window in our system then to do boot run then press f1 key and also new user.

regards
    jessica patel
    24*7 dissertation proposal writing uk
    Last edited by jessi12; November 21st, 2016 at 05:18 AM.

What Windows version are you running? Once we know that, we can drill down into what you are having trouble with a little more.

Thread Information