Logitech G400 mouse software and Win10
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Logitech G400 mouse software and Win10

Logitech G400 mouse software and Win10

I have installed Win10 twice (long story, but mostly unrelated). The first time, my G400 mouse worked with the software that lets me program the buttons. After the second install, the software will not display. I can run it and see that it is running with task monitor, but there is no display, so no way to program the buttons. I thought I should uninstall it, but found that there was no way to do so. I renamed the folder where the software resides, then installed it again. Same result. I looked for help on the Logitech site, but found nothing. I submitted a request to Logitech for help, but so far there has been no reply. I checked to see that the installer I am using is the latest for the G400.

Device manager shows that there is only one driver installed and it is the G400 driver and is "working properly."

Any suggestions? I am very fond of using the programmable buttons to open and close windows and tabs. Other than buying a different brand of mouse, are there any other options left?

Weird that you can't uninstall it... it doesn't show in the Programs list at all?
    Logitech often had different software through the years (Mouseware, SetPoint, Logitech Gaming Software) so you might have missed it?

I have a G1 Mouse with programmed buttons (and a rather old version of SetPoint, 6.32) and it followed through when I tried Win10. However since my buttons worked I haven't tried actually opening the software.

It seems both SetPoint and the Logitech Gaming Software could work with your mouse in Win10 so you could try both (though I strongly suggest to find how to uninstall your current installed software to avoid conflicts)

Core i7 2600K @ 4.6GHz | Noctua NH-D15S | ASUS Maximus IV GENE-Z | 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws X 1600 CL9 | ASUS Strix GTX 1070 OC | 256GB Crucial m4 | 2TB WD Green | Samsung DVD±RW | Seasonic X 460w Fanless | Fractal Design Define Mini | Windows 7 Ultimate | Dell U2415

Join the HwC Folding@Home team!

Thank you for responding. The software I am using is Lcore.exe, for gaming. It has this file: uninstallhlpr.exe which does nothing when I try to run it. --- I just now found it in the control panel and it seems to have successfully uninstalled. That may have been the problem. I reinstalled the software. The version is named LGS 8.76.155 x64 Logitech. I must restart the computer now, so I will hope that it will run after that.

After restarting, I ran Lcore. The user interface did not appear. Task monitor showed that it was taking over 14% of the CPU. That seems like a lot for a Haswell i7, but it was doing the same thing before and even maxed out one of the 8 threads. I will attempt to remove it again and try your suggestions.

Lcore.exe seems related to Logitech Gaming Software.
    However, instead of running the .exe (which might just be a task in the background and not the software itself) you can usually access the software from the Mouse section in the Control Panel.
    Have you tried that to see if it opens that way?
    If it crashes, you might also have more information by checking the Event Viewer.

If it still doesn't work you could always uninstall and give SetPoint a try

Core i7 2600K @ 4.6GHz | Noctua NH-D15S | ASUS Maximus IV GENE-Z | 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws X 1600 CL9 | ASUS Strix GTX 1070 OC | 256GB Crucial m4 | 2TB WD Green | Samsung DVD±RW | Seasonic X 460w Fanless | Fractal Design Define Mini | Windows 7 Ultimate | Dell U2415

Join the HwC Folding@Home team!

I tried SetPoint, but it was not compatible with my wired mouse. When I go to the control panel, it shows that the driver is Logitech Gaming Software, but it thinks my mouse has only two buttons. It does not offer any options to access the mouse features.

If I go to device manager, it shows that the installed drivers are 8.50 and 8.57, but the current drivers should be numbered 8.76. It does give the option of uninstalling the drivers, but I haven't done that yet.

The same mouse continues to work properly, with all programmed buttons, when I switch to my Win7 machine. I will check the driver IDs on the Win7 machine and see if I can make the Win10 machine use them.

Thread Information