Windows Threshold: The modern UI takes a backseat for desktop users
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Windows Threshold: The modern UI takes a backseat for desktop users

Windows Threshold: The modern UI takes a backseat for desktop users

Microsoft is hard at work on the next major update to Windows and we don’t mean Update 2. Threshold, as it is currently known, is a wave of updates coming to Windows and other platforms; much like how Blue brought new features across many of Microsoft’s key platforms.

While it is still a little unclear if the Threshold update for PCs will be called Windows 9 or something else, what is starting to become known is how that OS will deviate from Microsoft’s past. For mouse and keyboard users, Threshold will be the update many have been waiting for as Microsoft continues to move away form the Sinofsky vision of hybrid OS.

Threshold will be a further move away from the Modern UI environment for desktop users. In some builds of Threshold, the Modern UI is disabled by default. You have to manually turn it back on but this is situation dependent, if you wish to access the live tile environment...

Full story available at Neowin,
    Click HERE
    "I know nothing."
    Cheers.

I might look at another OS if they ever bring back the good old start menu, and an easy way to access all the drives, partitions and such. Until they do, I'll stay with Win7 Ultimate. Win 8 is total garbage. If I wanted a phone I'd use a phone. I use my desktop for many things such as image and video editing, audio recording and vocal dubbing. I don't want a huge phone sitting on my desk or in my studio.
    *This space for rent*

" easy way to access all the drives, partitions and such"

With windows 8, you can access all the drives and partitions, the same way you do in windows 7.
    Gilles Lussier

HWC Folding@Home Team

Quote Originally Posted by glussier View Post
    " easy way to access all the drives, partitions and such"

With windows 8, you can access all the drives and partitions, the same way you do in windows 7.
    +1
    Asus P9X79-Deluxe, Intel i7 3930k @ 4.2Ghz, 16gb DDR3-1600 Kingston HyperX Memory, Coolermaster Storm Trooper case, Corsair AX850 psu, Zotac 970 GTX 4gB SLI, Corsair Model H100 w/c, Samsung 840 Pro 512gB SSD, Asus Blu-ray Writer 12x, Windows7 Pro x64

MSI GS Series GS60 Ghost-003 Gaming Notebook 15.6", Intel Core i7-4700HQ 2.40GHz, 16GB Memory 1TB HDD 128GB SSD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M 2GB, 4.36 lbs.

Thread Information