Using AVG, Malwarabytes, ZoneAlarm and Spyware Blaster, SpyBot S&D at the Same Tiime
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Using AVG, Malwarabytes, ZoneAlarm and Spyware Blaster, SpyBot S&D at the Same Tiime

Using AVG, Malwarabytes, ZoneAlarm and Spyware Blaster, SpyBot S&D at the Same Tiime

I have been using AVG, Malwarebytes, Spybot Search and Destroy, ZoneAlarm, Spyware Blaster for several years to protect computers from Viruses and spyware. I assumed the AVG was mainly for viruses, zoneAlarm to keep people from coming into your computer and spyware blaster & malwarebytes & spybot to protect you against spyware and to immunize the computers.

Yesterday, I called Dell tech support for another issue and when he seen one of my computers he basically told me that having all these software is not good because they can conflict. And that if I have AVG, I don't need Malwarebytes, ZoneAlarm, Spybot Search and Destroy and Spyware Blaster which to me it doesn't really make sense. However, the guy seem pretty knowledgeable.

Appreciate your feedback if having these programs in computer appropriate or not required. Thanks

He's wrong, they won't conflict. AVG is the only Anti-Virus program you have running all of the time. ZoneAlarm is a firewall, SpywareBlaster merely configures some settings and exits, and both MalwareBytes free and Spybot S&D only run when you decide to run them.
    Doc

____________http://www.microsoft.com/security____________
    \____________________ ____.-.____ ____________________/
    \_____________\ -._)!(_.- /_____________/
    \_______\. ~\ /~ ./_______/
    \_______/

Quote Originally Posted by SpywareDr View Post
    He's wrong, they won't conflict. AVG is the only Anti-Virus program you have running all of the time. ZoneAlarm is a firewall, SpywareBlaster merely configures some settings and exits, and both MalwareBytes free and Spybot S&D only run when you decide to run them.
    +1
    Asus P9X79-Deluxe, Intel i7 3930k @ 4.2Ghz, 16gb DDR3-1600 Kingston HyperX Memory, Coolermaster Storm Trooper case, Corsair AX850 psu, Geforce 680 SLI, Corsair Model H100 w/c, Samsung 840 Pro 512gB SSD, Asus Blu-ray Writer 12x, Windows7 Pro x64

MSI GS Series GS60 Ghost-003 Gaming Notebook 15.6", Intel Core i7-4700HQ 2.40GHz (3.2 GHz), 16GB Memory 1TB HDD 128GB SSD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M 2GB, 4.36 lbs., Windows 8.1 Pro

Thumbs up

. . .
    Doc

____________http://www.microsoft.com/security____________
    \____________________ ____.-.____ ____________________/
    \_____________\ -._)!(_.- /_____________/
    \_______\. ~\ /~ ./_______/
    \_______/

Thread Information