Firefox 29
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Firefox 29

Hybrid View

Firefox 29

It sure does look different from earlier versions. I have been running Chrome for the past few months. Chrome and Firefox now look a lot alike.

downloading now...
    Asus P9X79-Deluxe, Intel i7 3930k @ 4.2Ghz, 16gb DDR3-1600 Kingston HyperX Memory, Coolermaster Storm Trooper case, Corsair AX850 psu, Geforce 680 SLI, Corsair Model H100 w/c, Samsung 840 Pro 512gB SSD, Asus Blu-ray Writer 12x, Windows7 Pro x64

MSI GS Series GS60 Ghost-003 Gaming Notebook 15.6", Intel Core i7-4700HQ 2.40GHz (3.2 GHz), 16GB Memory 1TB HDD 128GB SSD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M 2GB, 4.36 lbs., Windows 8.1 Pro

It's rarely a good sign when users start looking for add-ons/modifications to revert a gui.
    "I know nothing."
    Cheers.

I'd read about 29 on The Register, but this thread prompted me to run the update on a laptop that was on 28, but with a slightly different profile from my other computers. It looked okay with Classic Theme Restorer, but after a restart with the addition of cstbb it lost my bookmarks toolbar and would not restore it. Some commands required a second click to activate. IOW borked. Even before it went pear shaped, it had extra wasted space above and below the address bar. Vertical space is critical in this age of widescreens.

I've installed FF ESR and it picked up the profile from the 29 install, which I did not remove. It appears to have installed over the 29 install, despite changing the ESR install location to \Mozilla\Firefox ESR\.

Does anyone know if you can move a FF profile to Pale Moon? I noticed Pale Moon has a version optomized for Atom cpus. I'll be trying it on an Atom desktop.

Mozilla appears to have seen the growing market share of Chrome and blinked. I tried Chrome long ago and hated it, but I have FF highly customized to operate the way I want. I'm very frustrated with developers mucking around with the interfaces for no good reason (Unity, Win 8, etc.) instead of fixing the core operating problems. In the case of FF, it has memory problems again. Back at FF 3.xx or 4.xx it could handle about twice as many open tabs as it can currently.
    Last edited by DanceMan; May 6th, 2014 at 12:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DanceMan View Post
    I'm very frustrated with developers mucking around with the interfaces for no good reason (Unity, Win 8, etc.) instead of fixing the core operating problems.
    How's it go-imitation is the sincerest form of flattery?

That frustration is the same thing I get when I have to go to a newer version of Word-everything is moved around and put in new places, and it takes me forever to get up to speed on the "improvements."

Thanks for the heads up.
    "I know nothing."
    Cheers.

Pale Moon and Firefox profiles are compatible. Just copy the profile to the right folder.

The interface of Pale Moon reminds of previous versions of Firefox but what they have posted "...downloads are installers" does not bode well.
    "I know nothing."
    Cheers.

This is age related. If you're 20 many things are new. But several decades later, you really aren't interested in relearning half of everything you know every five years. The pace of change for humans has never in our brief history been this rapid.

Quote Originally Posted by DanceMan View Post
    This is age related.
    Amen. My brain needs a RAM upgrade, and I have no available memory slots.

Next time, you might want to test out your addons, etc on the portable version of FF. You can just extract/install it to your desktop.
    http://portableapps.com/apps/internet/firefox_portable

You can copy and paste your profile into \(PortableFF)\Data\profile folder.

After longtime waiting Firefox introduce best version for the user included all of them Plugin, that help to the developer community check out each and every things. I feel it's not for expert help all the user whose want to use internet with fast speed browsing. Before is that lots of issue are coming like low speed handing problems and many more.

Quote Originally Posted by azeemkhan View Post

After longtime waiting Firefox introduce best version for the user included all of them Plugin, that help to the developer community check out each and every things. I feel it's not for expert help all the user whose want to use internet with fast speed browsing. Before is that lots of issue are coming like low speed handing problems and many more.
    I may be misunderstanding what you're saying but, if you mean test everything first, there are close to 12,000 plug-ins/add-ons/extensions for Firefox. Trying to thoroughly testing all of them individually, and then along with each and every other one would take, I don't know, maybe decades.
    Last edited by SpywareDr; May 7th, 2014 at 01:21 PM.
    Doc

____________http://www.microsoft.com/security____________
    \____________________ ____.-.____ ____________________/
    \_____________\ -._)!(_.- /_____________/
    \_______\. ~\ /~ ./_______/
    \_______/

Thread Information