New build- any suggestions?
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: New build- any suggestions?

New build- any suggestions?

I have an old Dell dimension 8400, running XP. I think it is time to build a new machine.

Here is what I have in mind:
    Rosewill Redbone U3 mid-tower
    Samsung 840 EVO 250 GIG SSD
    AMD FX-6350
    ASUS M5A97
    Corsair Vengeance 8 GIGS RAM
    Corsair builder series CX 600 PSU
    ASIS 6450 GPU
    Windows 7 home 64 bit for new build

Also will use CD-DVD drives from the old one, and my old Creative Sound blaster Audigy2 zs.

I haven't built a computer for about 20 yrs. Does this list look good to you guys?..or do you see problems?
    Any insight from you guys will be greatly appreciated.

The OEM for that Corsair power supply is Channel Well Technology. A number of members here put it on their "avoid" list due to negative experiences.
    A brand that usually has a good reputation is Seasonic. You can save money by purchasing a power supply with Seasonic as the oem.
    "I know nothing."
    Cheers.

Thanx, I'll look for a seasonic PSU.
    Do you think the GPU is better than no GPU, not bad for 40 bucks?

?
    A video card is a necessity in your system since the FX series does not have integrated graphics.

If you're asking how that video card ranks compared to others, click HERE
    "I know nothing."
    Cheers.

OK,
    So now I am thinking "Change the power supply to: Seasonic M12II-750 ATX"
    And "change the ram to: Kingston HyperX (4Gigsx2) 1600MHz "

Do these parts (see post #1) match up for good, fast performance and reliability ? I don't plan on gaming on it.
    Have to watch some "How to" type videos on youtube..things have changed a bit since the last time I put a computer together.
    Wish they had a video on " How to convince your Wife that "Life, as we have come to know it, will come CRASHING down upon us..very soon, and there is but ONE way to stop it..major computer UP-grade..ASAP !"

[QUOTE=Shinma;1053343]?
    A video card is a necessity in your system since the FX series does not have integrated graphics.

That's what I thought, but didn't want to spend a lot on one. Thanks again!

That is a nice Seasonic power supply but your system does not require anything more than 450w. That is even if you add (2) hard drives, (4) 120mm fans, (4) USB devices, factor in aging of caps... to your current list.

The AMD FX-6350 is intended to work with DDR3-1866. e.g. G.SKILL F3-1866C9D-8GAB
    "I know nothing."
    Cheers.

The QVL list for the MOBO shows G.SKILL in a 32 GIG configuration only ( @1866MHz ). 8 gigs x4.
    Does that mean you can use up-to 32 GIGs, or they only like it in that configuration..?
    That is probably a stupid question. I would think if they will accept 32 GIGs of ram from G.SKILL..then 8 GIGS would not be a problem.
    Last edited by Bopper; April 28th, 2014 at 10:36 AM. Reason: to ad a line

I have a Seasonic SSR 450 on my list. Saved me 25 bucks..thanks again Shinma.

Quote Originally Posted by Bopper
    The QVL list ...
    Consider the QVL list nothing more than something to point you in the correct direction. There are just too many brands, models, changes, costs... for any mobo company to provide a really comprehensive list.
    G.SKILL is a current favourite among many, for memory.
    "I know nothing."
    Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinma View Post
    Consider the QVL list nothing more than something to point you in the correct direction. There are just too many brands, models, changes, costs... for any mobo company to provide a really comprehensive list.
    G.SKILL is a current favourite among many, for memory.
    Makes sense ! Thanks again.

You're welcome, enjoy your new system.

You can jumpstart on the build by downloading and reading through the mobo manual.

Mobo also lists a number of BIOS updates, stating: Improve system stability.
    "I know nothing."
    Cheers.

If you are going to buy laptop Lenovo best one in core function. If we talk about top brand is hp dell and ibm in PC. but when we talk about laptop my opinion is Lenovo do you have any machine please give it't reviews each and every thing like good and bed things both are.

Thread Information