PassPoint Express v1.1 reinstall
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PassPoint Express v1.1 reinstall

PassPoint Express v1.1 reinstall

We need to move PassPoint Express v1.1 from an older PC and put it on a new PC.

I will check to see that we have the original distribution media which I would think I need to install the software on a new machine?

I am sure I will have to move the database and put it into the correct folder? Will that be simply copying and pasting it into the new machine or do I have to do an export / import?

Any other suggestions?

I think I can find a manual somewhere.

Thanks.

Moving the database is simple: copy the "data" folder from the old pc to the new one (Should be c:\Program Files\Ademco\PassPoint\Data or thereabouts). Assuming you can find the original install disks
    There's no place like 127.0.0.1

"Secular nations have one thing in common-mass graves, and the reason is that they believe the government is the final arbiter of right and wrong and good and evil." -Rob Schenk

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on the objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -James Madison

Ademco Passpoint Express

I have one of these systems. And every few weeks it resets and locks me out. I used to be able to login with installer/installer and everything was ok. Now that does not work. Question one would be, how do you get into the system if you can't use the default username/pass? Second, can you put your own username and password in it? Third, does anyone have a place to download an online manual? And last, can this software be updated to a newer version, and if so, where can I get a copy? I am not sure what version this is now as I am locked out for some odd reason.

That is an odd problem. Is there anything else that happens on the computer that might preceed the software resetting? Maybe some data backup program? The user names are stored in the /Data subidrectory, and appear to be in the UsrList.db file (I'm using PPPlus 2.1, but the basic setup is the same for both versions). As far as I know, the only way to reset it is to uninstall/reinstall (you can upload the database off the Pass Point controller, a feature I really did like about it). You can try Honeywell tech support for it (1-800-323-4576) to make sure. Was there a local company that installed the software and panels? Have they offered any solutions?
    2: Yes, when you're in, click on Tools. There is a Manage Users option. That lets you change and activate the default users and see and modify their authorized actions. If you change the user name, it should default that password to the same user name (joe/joe). Under tools is also a Change Password option. This lets you change your own password (under manage users you can only reset your password to the default, which is the same as the user name)
    3: All the PassPoint Stuff I have
    4: The latest version is 1.12 You ought to be able to find the .exe file (usually Program Files/Ademco/PassPoint Express), right click and view the properties. I couldn't find any upgrade file on their sight (only Pass Point PLUS), but you might be able to get it from the company that installed it, or Honeywell might send it to you. You can check out Honeywell Access and see. I think there was an email link that also might be helpful. Good luck

"Secular nations have one thing in common-mass graves, and the reason is that they believe the government is the final arbiter of right and wrong and good and evil." -Rob Schenk

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on the objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -James Madison

Iso

Do you know where I can get an ISO of the 1.12 or the PPPlus software? And can I upgrade this 1.1 to the PPPlus? The local company that installed this is no longer in business and it has since went to the dogs and when I came to work here, I kinda took it under my wing to nurse it back to working form. It still works good now that I have replaced some MLB's and such, would like to upgrade the software and all while I am at it.

I figured out that problem with the resets. It was the wrong default user/pass. I remembered it as being master1 when it was in fact manager1

BTW thanks for all of the user manuals and such. That will be a HUGE help. Now if I can find an ISO or exe of the software, or even an upgrade ISO of the PPPlus, and if I can upgarde to the Plus, that would be a BONUS!

Glad you've got it figured out. I don't recall there being a big difference between the Express and the Plus editions, just being better able to hook up to the MLB's over a network. Have you checked with any other company in the area? I don't recall PassPoint being dealer exclusive or proprietary, so it's possible there are other companies that know the software or can get it? Is there an ADI in your area? They might sell it to you, but I think you've got to have an account with them. It is at least worth a look if you're interested.

Can you upgrade from 1.1 to 2.1 without alot of hassle? Or do you have to reload everything and import the DB? BTW thanks for all the help and files. Its really a great help!

I don't really recall that you can upgrade from one to the other. We didn't do that many Express installs, only to upgrade later. You can install the new software, and one of the options when you run it, is to connect to an existing panel and upload it's settings. Or, you can just keep the Data subdirectory safe, and put it back into position after your finished. But I'm afraid I don't recall doing an upgrade to a running Express system.

Due to a recent power outage Pass Point is randomly deleteing cards and not letting me redo the cards ,if I try to delete the card the word deleted comes up in red and won't go away or if I try to enter a new card it will read modified and it to won't go way. will I have to re-install and try over?

Are you sure you're actually connected to the panel? I believe it's supposed to do that only until you close the card database browser, and it downloads the cards

I have this program too.
    I have been unable to find that much information about this software. I am getting an error message when I run the program.

I had this problem land in my lap and it was installed and configured by someone who left my company abruptly. I am sorry if this is the wrong forum.

Here is my error Message that I am getting. If could anyone please give me ideas it would greatly be appreciated.

" Exception EDBEngineError in module PPPlus.exe at 000BA09A. An error occured while attempting to initialize the Borland Database Engine (error $2104)"

There might be some problem in the program. First, do a complete scandisk and defrag on the computer, to see if that will get you up and working. Do you have contact with the company that installed it? Worst case, if you still have the install disk, you can reinstall the software. Just back up the "data" folder in the program directory (usually c:\program files\Ademco\passpoint or similar, look for the data subfolder). Reinstall, then copy the data folder back where it was. orse case, you can reinstall, then connect and upload the panel data, but that's not the same.

I have worked on Passpoint a few times, but specifics are in the fog of the past.

I have been asked to recover a system where a computer crashed.
    Installing company is out of business.

My question is specific to compatible WIN OS.

Will Passpoint Express 1.12 work in XP?
    Or does it work only up to WIN 2K (NT OS)?

Thanks

Thread Information