Thermal Paste Comparison...
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Thermal Paste Comparison...

Hybrid View

Post Thermal Paste Comparison...

Thermal Paste Comparison, Part One: Applying Grease And More

If you find yourself fighting a stubbornly-low overclock, there's a chance that your thermal solution isn't working as effectively as it should. We're testing a number of thermal pastes that might help. But first, let's go over the basics of CPU cooling.

I’ve been working on this time-consuming thermal compound test for more than half a year, digging my way through the pastes supplied by Caseking (an online shop in Germany) and the ones we already had on-hand in the lab. Not only does a story like this take a lot of time (it involves nearly 40 products, after all), but it clearly requires a consistent test methodology to make sure the conclusions we draw are sound...

Part one available at the following link,
    Click HERE

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thermal Paste Comparison, Part Two: 39 Products Get Tested

It's time for the numbers. In addition to testing liquid metal compounds and thermally conductive adhesives, each paste is discussed on its own merits before we chart out the results of four usage cases. After all, these products behave differently...

Part two available at the following link,
    Click HERE
    "I know nothing."
    Cheers.

Thanks Shinma.

You're welcome.
    "I know nothing."
    Cheers.

I was just thinking about this the other day; my h100's fan is squealing rather loudly & am thinking of replacing it with an air cooler. Was wondering if AS5 is still relevant!
    Asus P9X79-Deluxe, Intel i7 3930k @ 4.2Ghz, 16gb DDR3-1600 Kingston HyperX Memory, Coolermaster Storm Trooper case, Corsair AX850 psu, Geforce 680 SLI, Corsair Model H100 w/c, Samsung 840 Pro 512gB SSD, Asus Blu-ray Writer 12x, Windows7 Pro x64

MSI GS Series GS60 Ghost-003 Gaming Notebook 15.6", Intel Core i7-4700HQ 2.40GHz (3.2 GHz), 16GB Memory 1TB HDD 128GB SSD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M 2GB, 4.36 lbs., Windows 8.1 Pro

A number of people are moving away from them due to long cure time and shorter lifespan compared to some of the others. e.g. Arctic Cooling MX-2 and MX-4.
    "I know nothing."
    Cheers.

Thread Information