Can I do this....plz help
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Can I do this....plz help

Hybrid View

Can I do this....plz help

Okay people. I am currently building from scratch an oc'ed PIII 450, hope to use 4.5 X 129 on the Abit Bx6r2 wow 580mhz. Can't wait. Anyway what I need help is this:

I want to use a 32mb Riva TNT2 card as the primary video card and as secondary 2 Voodoo 2 cards. What I want to know is can I hook up the Voodoo 2 card to the TNT?

Any help would be helpful, and any advice on the project like best parts this is a from scratch build so it would have all new parts.

Thanks in Advance.

[This message has been edited by SlyDog (edited 06-04-99).]

[This message has been edited by SlyDog (edited 06-04-99).]

well okay, I'm guessing you have never seen how a v2 hooks up before right? Anyway, the v2 comes with a passthrough cable that hooks into your primary video card, your monitor then plugs into the v2. The other v2 is connected inside the computer via a little montior type cable. Its very simple to do, but make sure you get both the same v2 cards, they have to be the same exact make and have the same memory configuration. Also I'd like to know what your going to use for cooling cause you aint gonna get that p3 450 to 580 thats for sure, its almost impossible to get a 500 past 550 right now, unless your gonna buy a kryotech system for cooling.

Also use www.pricewatch.com for all you shopping to get the best prices for stuff. And also check out www.computernerd.com they have overclocked celeron packages which can go up to around 590mhz! You get the motherboard the processor and the cooling system they have. Check that out. Hope this helps you

[This message has been edited by Vidfreek (edited 06-04-99).]
    Vidfreek:
    I have gone to look for myself, If I get back before I return.....Keep me here

As for the TNT2 and the 2 V2's - why? unless you have a lot of glide games you play all the time, it really won't add anything - you can only use one graphics card at a time...

But for the P3-450-the tech zone had a review and got 2 of them rock stable at 580 - had problems at 600 - would boot to Win, but quickly shut down and reboot...
    I call it "No-Pants Wonderday," but it turns out the police just call it "Thursday." Go figure.

Vidfreek: Getting 558 from the PIII 450 is quite common and easily obtained. As for PIII getting 580 is more of a challenge but there have been several sucessful attempts. If you believe some reports some PIII 450's will do 133 x 4.5 (598.5). Though it is not worth it to me as 580 or even 558 is plenty.

Splatt:
    As for the two Vid cards (or actually 3 Tnt plus 2 voodoo 2's in sli mode). I do run alot of glide games but don't want to be limited to one platform. This will be my ulimate dream machine for me, so I would want this to run for awhile before an upgrade.

Thread Information