TV-out on Hercules TNT2
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: TV-out on Hercules TNT2

TV-out on Hercules TNT2

I want to go for a Hercules TNT2 Ultra, but i'm not sure about if the TV-out is any good. Is the image quality good enough for games like Quake and NFS3, Or is it in your opinion better to save some money, and stick to my monitor? Let me hear all you lads who have a TV-Out card. Do you use it?

[This message has been edited by Mr Bean (edited 06-10-99).]

Mr. Bean, read the reviews of the Herc at Agn, Anand, or Sharky. They'll tell you what TV-out chip the Herc board uses and if it's any good. They know their shiznit. Then you should be set unless you have a 1965 B/W 13" RCA.

I looked it up. The Herc ultra has the brooktree tv-out controller chip, which ain't bad , but it's not the best. It supposed to let you output to the tv in 800X600X32bbp. The Chrontel chip, I hear, is a better TV out chip.

I don't know what chipset it uses, but the TV-out on my Diamond Viper V550 is superb for games. I have it connected to a 28" TV.

For Windows use, the quality is very poor. But for games it is surprisingly good and games like Quake 2, Half-Life and Unreal look awesome at 800x600 on a big screen.

Thanks... I will probably go for the Hercules or the G400 - if Matrox can get their fingers out and fix their OpenGL ICD.
    Doc 44, what the hell does "shiznit" mean? I'm just a poor dane.

[This message has been edited by Mr Bean (edited 06-10-99).]

I'm just saying the guys that run those hardware site really know their sh*t, whilst refraining from foul language.

Got it!

Thread Information