[RESOLVED] Can't find Win8 Home Group from other computers
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: [RESOLVED] Can't find Win8 Home Group from other computers

Thumbs up [RESOLVED] Can't find Win8 Home Group from other computers

I have 3 computers connected to my router. One is for Linux and is not a concern for now. The other two run Windows, 7 on one machine and 8 on the other. Both have sharing turned on and each partition set to share with Everyone. My Win8 machine easily finds everything on the Win7 drives, but this does not work in reverse. Using my Win7 machine, I cannot find the Win8 machine. I have searched for help on the Web and found that most procedures fail at some point. I tried to "set up a new network," with the idea that maybe I could use something other than Home Group. Win8 will not allow me to proceed. When I select "create a new network," Win8 tells me to choose the router and says "this could take up to 90 seconds." It never goes beyond that point. It seems impossible to try to set up a new network. I can't find a way to make the Win8 computer show up for networking on my other machines.

Any suggestions?

I finally resolved the problem by setting up a second time. Homegroup appears to be working now.

Good to know.
    Asus P9X79-Deluxe, Intel i7 3930k @ 4.2Ghz, 16gb DDR3-1600 Kingston HyperX Memory, Coolermaster Storm Trooper case, Corsair AX850 psu, Zotac 970 GTX 4gB SLI, Corsair Model H100 w/c, Samsung 840 Pro 512gB SSD, Asus Blu-ray Writer 12x, Windows7 Pro x64

MSI GS Series GS60 Ghost-003 Gaming Notebook 15.6", Intel Core i7-4700HQ 2.40GHz, 16GB Memory 1TB HDD 128GB SSD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M 2GB, 4.36 lbs.

Thread Information