New Build help please
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Build help please

New Build help please

Hello, i wanted to assemble a desktop..... i definitely have the ability to assemble it, but, picking compatible parts... Not so much.... Basically Photoshop cs6 is the most memory intensive program i use.. I do not game, and only a small amount of Video editing.... I would like to spend less then on $600 on Newegg for parts. not including screen , keyboard or mouse , just the tower. I would like to run a SSD for my OS.... Thanks so much.. if there's somewhere better to post this will a admin move it please thanks?

Thank you!

*Threads merged - Moderator

You can use the following as a general guideline and modify to suit,

AMD A10-5800K 3.8GHz
    MSI FM2-A85XA-G65
    *Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1600
    SAMSUNG 840 Pro (MZ-7PD128BW) 128 GB SSD
    LG GH24NS95 DVDRW
    Corsair Carbide Series 200R
    SeaSonic S12II 430B

Subtotal: $512.94
    *Included free as combo with mobo.

Does not include operating system.

For additional ideas, you can take a look at the following,
    "I know nothing."
    Cheers.

Thank you..

You're welcome.

You did not mention if the budget was pre-tax and such, so kept it lower than the limit.
    If the budget was pre-tax,
    You can toss in a 1 TB/2 TB mechanical hard drive, for data storage into the list.
    "I know nothing."
    Cheers.

It was just a basic guide line ... thank you.. That lloks perfect... now..if i can buy everything before it becomes obsolete Thanks

An advantage of the LG DVDRW that Shinma chose is M-Disc compatibility. Mileniata discs are writable discs that do not use dyes and are considered archival permanent. They need a compatible unit to write them but then can be read by any dvd unit. Alas the system does not seem to have been picked up by the other burner manufacturers. The M-Discs cost about $3 each here but for pix or data you want to be readable in 10 years or more, there's nothing else. The LG units don't cost any more than the other brands lacking M-Disc writing capability.

I am going to buy all this in the next couple days i was wondering if there were any changes in technology or any other advice... the motherboard listed is out of stock... i am pretty good with computers but this is my first build. Should i start a new thread? my budget is $600 maximum and i dont need a monitor or dvd or keyboar and mouse.
    Thank you

My first build

I am building a desktop for the first time, i am not sure about hard ware compatibility. know i want

AMD FX-4300 3.8GHz Quad-Core Processor
    Asus M5A97 LE R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard
    Corsair Force Series GS CSSD-F128GBGS-BK 2.5" 128GB SATA III Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)
    G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-LOGISYS-...p2054897.l4276

I am not sure what else i need .. i am a newbie please be kind.. If you need links or have any questions please let em know... I have a maximum of $600 to spend. this computer is used for photoshop and not any gaming. I do not need optical and i do not need screen mouse or keyboard. Thanks!

Thank you!
    Mike

What about a PSU, GPU and OS?
    Doc

____________http://www.microsoft.com/security____________
    \____________________ ____.-.____ ____________________/
    \_____________\ -._)!(_.- /_____________/
    \_______\. ~\ /~ ./_______/
    \_______/

Quote Originally Posted by SpywareDr View Post
    What about a PSU, GPU and OS?

That what i need help with is picking the components please. i will run windows 7 ultimate 64 bit

Doc

\_______/

Seems good.
    Asus P9X79-Deluxe, Intel i7 3930k @ 4.2Ghz, 16gb DDR3-1600 Kingston HyperX Memory, Coolermaster Storm Trooper case, Corsair AX850 psu, Geforce 680 SLI, Corsair Model H100 w/c, Samsung 840 Pro 512gB SSD, Asus Blu-ray Writer 12x, Windows7 Pro x64

But of course.
    Doc

\_______/

this is my build info

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/mikebomes/saved/39rb

any problems .. i think this is a good build for my budget i am in san diego i want to buy all parts from new egg

Why do you have 2 cards in Crossfire if you do not intend to do gaming? One 7770 is well enough for Photoshop.

Depending on how much you're into audio, you might want to drop the discrete soundcard and see if the onboard audio of the motherboard is fine for you.
    Onboard audio is a lot better than it was a few years ago.

Finally, sorry but the power supply you have chosen is a basement-bargain brand just waiting to blow up
    I'd recommend to take a look at a higher quality and more efficient power supply. The Seasonic S12II 430B Shinma recommended above is a great choice, and way enough power for your system.
    It might be slightly more expensive but the PSU is in some way the heart of the system so it's not a place you'd want to skimp on.

Otherwise, the rest looks good to me

Core i7 2600K @ 4GHz | Noctua NH-C12P SE14 | ASUS Maximus IV GENE-Z | 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws X 1600 CL9 | Gigabyte GTX 670 OC 2GB | 256GB Crucial m4 | 2TB WD Green | Samsung DVD±RW | Seasonic X 460w Fanless | Fractal Design Define Mini | Windows 7 Ultimate | Dell 2209WA @ 75Hz

Join the HwC Folding@Home team!

Thread Information